The food thread

As you don't eat it, the contents are not required on the label.

As I thought nothing there on the US/CA list of mineral spirits which all require a warning label.

All household cleaners containing known hazardous chemicals must carry a warning label that spells out the potential risks, along with precautionary steps and first-aid instructions.

As bad as the name sounds that is an anti-microbial agent widely used, its badness is not firmly established.

Dihydrogen monoxide:

is also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
contributes to the "greenhouse effect".
may cause severe burns.
contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.
Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

as an industrial solvent and coolant.
in nuclear power plants.
in the production of styrofoam.
as a fire retardant.
in many forms of cruel animal research.
in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.

From Dihydrogen monoxide parody - Wikipedia

As this is the food thread, does anyone have a recipe for it?

The granola bars came out very good.

Attachments

• IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 90
A nice summer supper

Tonight the missus made some Baba ganoush from an eggplant I roasted over charcoal the other day. Then she whipped up some pita bread and cooked it on the pizza stone in the gas BBQ, while I marinated some pork tenderloin in fresh herbs, oil, lemon juice, garlic, and harissa then grilled the cubed meat on skewers over charcoal, along with skewers of sweet onion, green pepper, and mushrooms. Washed down with Australian wine from a box! The smoky Baba ganoush was great accompaniment with the sizzling pork.

Attachments

• IMG_20200708_201837307.jpg
    IMG_20200708_201837307.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 120
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I hope your refrigerator dill pickles turn out wonderfully; when I tried them, they were awful. Not much flavor and not much crunch. However: the carrots, pickled the exact same way, were divine. Glad we tried many different veggies; some were awful but some were great. Best wishes for culinary success!

Food and culture are a very interesting thing. Every country have their strange little quirks when it comes to this regard. Down here the only think I am aware of that we eat differently to everyone else would be the fact that our native people have a very different idea of how to do a roast. They bury the food underground and cook it down there. It makes the food take pretty strange, and I haven't eaten it in a long time. Although even to this day I still remember the taste, and that has got to account for something.