The food thread

He had quite a history, perhaps it came back to haunt him. His past is part of the reason I appreciated where he got to. I admired his means of dealing with his demons. Until now of course.

Such a sad day for those of us who felt akin to him.

A different example is Andrew Zimmern, he drinks water on screen period having a similar past. I personally can't see classic European food without the wine, his strength of will is admirable.

"Natto" discussed in this morning's WSJ;

One Dish Too Far: Japanese Fermented Soybeans - WSJ

"It smelled like a stinky cheese left outside the fridge for at least an hour too long. But even more notable was the texture: If you think okra is slimy, imagine okra that, on a scale of 1 to 10, goes to 11, to borrow the “Spinal Tap” phrase.

I gagged after my first bite. Needless to say, there wasn’t a second bite."

B3-AU793_NYNATT_M_20180614153745.jpg

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

all the essential food groups in there, right? unless that's "nutritional" yeast subbing for cheese on the mac. :eek:

my wife just came back from a month long trip to Bermuda, so now I'm back to eating healthy - ah, the sacrifices we make for connubial bliss;)

actually, let me think about that last part - that "c" word implies something that easily fades into history - as Ira stated so eloquently -

"the way you haunt my dreams
no, no they can't take that away from me"

I just ordered a batch of eggrolls. Special version, in addition to the correct cabbage and usual ingredients such as sausage and been sprouts, shrimp and langostinos. Most importantly MSG as they really don't taste the same without it.

Used to be a local family owned "Tea Garden" restaurant that made great eggrolls. Even the Asian college students used to find them exceptional.

So as the exact recipe was a secret, this is the closest I get by my recollection.

I also want to support a new local restaurant as just after they opened the bridge leading to them was closed. So a few miles of detour just might reduce their business.