The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine

Mounted my Maxamp in a nice Little box for the boominator mini! I Can ofcourse close it up with a lid!

The powerplug is for easy change between battery power and Wall socket

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    724 KB · Views: 486
Ive been trying to adjust the dsp settings of my s2010 + pht 407n for the last couple of days, but cant seem to get it right, it still sounds distorted in the midrange.

Im currently using a high-pass at 2000Hz LR 12/dB for the tweeters
and low-pass at 1400Hz BW 12/db for the woofers

tweeters gain -2dB and inverted polarity

am I doing something obviously wrong?

Hello!

I have been having trouble finding 3W 33 or 47 ohm resistors. Instead I am planing to parallel couple three 1W 120 ohm resistors. Am I correct that the values will become 40 ohm and 3 watt when doing like this or am I completely wrong?. I also wonder if 40 ohm is okay considering the recommendations is 33 or 47 ohm. I am using the Monacor Mpt-001.

Many thanks!

Ive been trying to adjust the dsp settings of my s2010 + pht 407n for the last couple of days, but cant seem to get it right, it still sounds distorted in the midrange.

I tried to find some information in the vast history of this thread and came up with the following posts by Saturnus. Hope this helps a bit.

Post #2163

You need a 2nd order Linkwitz-Riley high-pass at 2000Hz and a 2nd order Butterworth low-pass at 1400Hz. Which together with the actual frequency response of the drivers gives an acoustic 3rd/6th order Bessel filter at 1800Hz.

Remember to invert the tweeters and dampen them by 3dB with a series resistor.

Post #2164

Here's a simple and fast drawing of how it should be connected. Please note that I made a mistake. The plus on the tweeters should be connected to minus on the amp, not the plus on the amp as I have drawn here.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/atta...nother-stab-ultimate-party-machine-filter.jpg

Those settings are for a passive filter. Will not work with an active filter.

Try the DSP setting listed one or two pages back for the HP10W+PHT407N combo and adjust from there.

Donnib. 5 times this solar panel on top of the mini:
1 5W Solar Panel to Power Cell Cells Charger DIY 12V | eBay

Total of 7.5w for 50 bucks excluding shipping.

Seems small, the one i have is 15W max and i have two yelding a total of 30W. My biggest issue with the one i have already is that the frame is thick and i can't seem to take out the glue so i can remove the frame. If i could remove the frame these would be perfect. Maybe i shoul just accept the frame.