Joined 2004
Paid Member
Super Twitter

Attachments

• Super Twitter.JPG
    Super Twitter.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: 2 users
And what would it take for the advanced course?
I honestly do not know. I have not thought about what the advanced course would require skill wise, so have not designed a course.
At the present time, we have novices working with more advanced guys to learn the craft. I only get involved when there is a problem beyond normal "stuff". Meaning, I have a black belt in duct tape and WD-40..

Hey, I still work for a living, ain't got the time to actually figure out stuff..

John

BTW, this toy makes a nice 150kW white noise generator :D
Hi Pavel!
I can personally attest to plasma generators/chambers and their power supplies being prolific noise generators! We metalized CDs using 10 KW plasma supplies (smart servoed 500 V @ 20 A auto arc-quenching supplies.) exciting angry Argon atoms...and the combined EMI from the cables between the CD line's supplies and chambers was incredible! You could tell when a technician performed maintenance...but left off a ground strap, because the first time the machine cycled the CPUs would reset...or just bomb out.

Being a production engineer my office was out on the molding floor, amidst 24 molding/finishing lines, each with the aforementioned plasma chamber and supply. Being an FM radio fan I tried to use a nice Revox tuner in my office audio system and between the RFI and metal roof, I had no reception whatsoever. Even with an antenna punched up through the metal roof the noise floor was incredible. When all machines were idling things returned to normal.

These days the noise floor in a big-box store selling cheap LED fixtures is likely similar...lolol.

Cheers!
Howie

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Pavel!
I can personally attest to plasma generators/chambers and their power supplies being prolific noise generators! We metalized CDs using 10 KW plasma supplies (smart servoed 500 V @ 20 A auto arc-quenching supplies.) exciting angry Argon atoms...and the combined EMI from the cables between the CD line's supplies and chambers was incredible! You could tell when a technician performed maintenance...but left off a ground strap, because the first time the machine cycled the CPUs would reset...or just bomb out.

Hi Howie!

we have 300-550A plasma current and 250-290V arc voltage. The EMI issues exist, but are quite under control :).