The Black Hole......

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I just encountered this patent : https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/57/ed/34/08f7cac5144852/US10031536.pdf on a Shunyata technology that seems to claim "storage of slow electrons" to speedup power transfer. can anyone explain this in a way that is consistent with known rules of electronics? I'm rather annoyed because a pretty clear patent I was pushing got kicked back over aspects far more peripheral than this "invention". The first claim is on a capacitor with "no" dielectric. it must be some new physics I missed.

Attachments

• Shunata patent.PNG
    Shunata patent.PNG
    43.2 KB · Views: 209
This is typical Shunyata. A mystical product "The principle of operation requires further study...".

But the patent examiner thought it met the requirements of being new, having an inventive step, and having enough information for someone "skilled in the art" to make one. So the patent was granted.

Strangely you do not need to say *how* an invention actually works in a patent.

Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
It's also undefendable written that way. Not to mention that all the high volume surge products have essentially that construction. They use brass strips to connect the connection sockets together. Essentially what was disclosed.

But patents give credibility even where not warranted.