The Black Hole......

This brings the standard 750ml bottle at $76,025.625. Not even double from what I can get from the liquor store in my neighborhood, and if you take away the crystal bottle is probably in the same price range. And has no age, "given its status as the most expensive whisky ever sold at auction – The Macallan Imperiale "M" doesn't have an age statement". It was selected from "whisky (...) from sherry oak casks and ranges in age from about 75 to 25 years old" probably using the same technology used in the Shunyata Research power cables WHY POWER CABLES MAKE A DIFFERENCE | Galen Carol Audio | Galen Carol Audio. When you open the bottle, a coin battery will become apparent under the cork, that's the Bybee legacy.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Interestingly after a re-listen on the big rig wife now likes the Mono Mercury Swan lake. I need to run it through the DR tool as it does seem nicely dynamic. But some aspects of the sonics are definitely of their age. But for a nearly 70 year old recording I still wonder how far we have really come...

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I went rob a distillery here in the UK that has been running for about 6 yrs. a bunch of guys got together and set up a state of the art distillery (with attached Restuarant). They have no age statement whisky’s yet. Of course, to make ends meet, they also do Gin.

However, they are already selling limited release stuff in fancy bottles for £7500. I bought 2 £60 bots. Nice, but you can taste it’s still very young. The master distiller drives down from Scotland every week to tend his nectar :)

The Lakes Distillery | The nature of our art is whisky

Last edited:
The ones I found were UKP500 and up.

Craog
You probably looked in the shop of the biljonairs club in Abu Dabi.

Hans

Attachments

• 4FF70C62-11D5-4BA6-9B1D-478DDE6E15AA.jpeg
    4FF70C62-11D5-4BA6-9B1D-478DDE6E15AA.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 380
Joined 2014
Paid Member
For a larf. Shunyata Research Everest 8000 power conditioner | Stereophile.com

The first paragraph almost scared me to read further. The second confirmed a good reason to be afraid (quoted below)

Shunyata Research is the brainchild of Caelin Gabriel, whose résumé includes stints at NSA, in military R&D, and in the computer industry, first digging weak signals out of noise then developing very high-speed network devices. He is also a lifelong audiophile.

Shunyata's roots are in the scientific understanding and engineering base Gabriel has developed during his career. I've long been impressed by those scientific underpinnings—which extend not only in audio but also to other fields including medical devices—and by how open the company is in talking about its technologies.

As expected things go downhill from there... The comments section is fun.

A cable support apparatus for suspending audio and/or video system cables above the floor. The device is configured as a sandwich of at least three layers of electrically conductive foam, including first and second outer layers fabricated from a low density electrically conductive foam, and an inner layer disposed between said first and second outer layers and fabricated from a foam having a higher density and greater rigidity than the foam of said first and second layers. The inner layer includes a V-shaped crotch for supporting a cable with minimal surface contact. The cable support minimizes floor vibrations transmitted to the cable, breaks up resonant vibration modes within the cable support itself, and neutralizes static-electrical charge differentials between the cable and the floor.

Science at work.

More like science being tarred, feathered, and run out of town on a rail amidst the incoherent braying of toothless, grimy townsfolk.

Next I predict there will be a "study" into the cable/ lifter groove "interface," resulting in various cable jacket "geometries" such as hyper-elliptical, Shibata, etc.
As one of the seasoned members said, give "the technical benefit of the doubt like I should have given to everybody else with an understandable technical story behind their products". :scratch2:

A comment; "I have found that while the addition of these products improved the sound of a system right out of the box it significantly improved the sound after about 100 or so hours of use."

That "after 100 or so hours" thing again. Seems to be a common theme to anything audio, from AC power to speaker driver. I wonder where the plasticity actually lies?
Is that like Malcolm Gladwell's 10,000 hour rule, the components learn to be better at hi-fi ...

Looks to me like he targets hospitals since the device manufacturers would either laugh at him or threaten him (legally). Still surprised anyone would install that junk and risk a lawsuit, but I suppose it must be compliant with IEC 60601 and any other relevant standards.

I think one picture was just an ECG in need of a 60 Hz notch filter.

Last edited: