TB new line of Coax FR drivers

The only woofer I have hanging at home right now is a TB W8-1363SBF. I will try to put it under the coax and see how it goes.

Not a good idea - (that driver's an inefficient sub). You really need something that will fill/blend with the driver in the midrange for baffle-step compensation. That midrange head-shell on the 802 will probably start near 1 kHz for it's pressure loss (though it should be more gradual because of its spherical shape), so you'll either need something that compensates up that far up OR you'll need to shelve the coax (..and resistance sucks, literally). ..and realistically it will probably be a combination. :eek:

Satori's are of course silly money.. it was really just an aesthetic thing. :D

..now a couple of these in parallel, has possibility:

SB Acoustics SB20PFC30-8

Thanks ScottG, indeed, the W8 sub is very inefficient, and starts to drop after 100Hz... it was just for a small test, but I had no intention of using it for good.

I did notice that driver when I was looking at the SBA's website. looks like an ok driver at a very good price.

Two of them will bring me up to 93-95dBs... way above the 87dB of the 2313. I'll need resistance! ;)

So, maybe only one, down firing from under the jukebox shape.
I do have a few race track 5x8" woofers from SBA here, that would be good enough for a test, indeed.

As soon as I get a rainy couple of days, I'll get to it!
Should be soon, it's spring weather here, and rain almost every day!

Hi Perceval,

I would suggest to make a Mini-Blade with the TB and your two TB racetrack woofers aligned sideways, the coax in a damper TL like suggested by XRK in several threads. The whole thing than as standmount... or with integrated stand... could look nice in black high-gloss carbon.
By the way: I doubt that you´ll be getting 95 dB out of 2 8-inch woofers in the low bass registers, maybe on paper, but not in reality.
The drawback of such an arrangement would be the high filter cost, if you do it passive and good.

All the best

Mattes

Two of them will bring me up to 93-95dBs... way above the 87dB of the 2313. I'll need resistance! ;)

..but about 5 db of loss from the baffle far-field (assuming the midbass "line" isn't closely coupled to the floor). ;) I tend to like just a bit more gain overall that can be "massaged" from that typical loss - to get an overall freq. response I'm happy with. (..in other words: a bit more is usually better.)

Mattes and Scott, you guys are getting my head to spin!

A mini-Blade... didn't think of that... That could be awesome!

I was kinda set with LS idea of a jukebox shape, but a mini-blade ...
KEF mentions they use a low order XO on their drivers.... I wonder...

You guys are trying to get me to spend more money, eh!? :)

Tang Band W6-2313 3D model. Does not have all details such as connectors, but for mounting purposes all relevant bits should be in there.

@perceval, interesting you mention carbon fibre. I am going to be 3D printing my enclosure in carbon fibre composite plastic. Had 2 goes already but prints failed. 3rd time lucky, hopefully.

Attachments

• Tang Band W6-2313.jpg
    Tang Band W6-2313.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 784
  • Tang Band W6-2313.zip
    966 KB · Views: 81
Break a leg, Dpet.

What will your enclosure look like?
Sealed? Vented? Woofer supported?

Last couple of days, I've been racing my mind to which driver will the 5x8 woofers be going to, the W6-2313, or the SB65....

I'm going with sealed as I want it to be compact. It is fairly simple and clean design. Will be looking at a sub as a separate unit to fill the low end. I'll post some images once I get the print done

I'm going with sealed as I want it to be compact. It is fairly simple and clean design. Will be looking at a sub as a separate unit to fill the low end. I'll post some images once I get the print done

Try two subs.

Two smaller subs are better than one, plus, as going sealed, you'll have to cross fairly high and the sub will be easily located... going stereo subs will sound much better.

Is it fair to make a comparison in performance with the new Markaudio Fullrange drivers? Specifically the use of the W7 MS versus the TB W6 2313.

I am curious how it would be using them with a 8 inch woofer, crossing them over around 200 hz.

MA drivers are full range. This W6-2313 is a coaxial... different beasts.

As with all things considered, crossing to woofers will depend on the woofer used in the design.

MA drivers are full range. This W6-2313 is a coaxial... different beasts.

As with all things considered, crossing to woofers will depend on the woofer used in the design.

I know, that's why I ask this, haha. Because of the fullrange being on the same acoustical axis they funtion as a coaxial too, right?

I'm researching for making a 3-way nearfield monitor. Because of the radial patterns of coaxials, they work great for near-field monitoring. I try to research different use cases.

Any shared knowledge/tips or specific referals are very welcome!