TABAQ TL for Tangband

I didn't try to reduce stuffing.

I like them with the original stuffing, and made a sweep to double check.... sorry for the low volume, I had to be a little quiet as it was past bedtime for most!
The sweep was done at the listening position... about 1.5m from the speakers

It's not dead flat, but it sounds nice.

Attachments

• w4 with eq.jpg
    w4 with eq.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 732
Hi pervceval

Would you like to share the notch filter design ?
Is the sound weak in the top as the plot suggest?
I had expected it to go a little deeper in the bass, but measuring indoors is not easy.

The driver you use looks interesting, but I already have drivers for my next project.

I have two TB W4-1320SJ for a makeover projekt. I was thinking of using glass on the front and the top - something to discuss with my glass pusher. Please take a look at the sims enclosed.

Hi
Bjørn

Attachments

• TB W4 SIM.pdf
    313.5 KB · Views: 178
Hi Bjørn,

The notch filter is done actively, within the music app, like EQu, or JRiver.
I don't feel the sound is weak on top, as my hearing is limited to 15kHz. It's a very easy driver to listen to for extended periods of time. It sometimes plays all day and a good part of the evening.

The bass, even if it doesn't dig as low as expected, is very punchy and very present. Most people are quite impressed.

I'll try to do another sweep soon to confirm all this.

Good luck with your new driver, that looks like a nice one. For me, I was thinking of going all out and get the W4-1879. That should be TABAQ nirvana!

We use the same for most 3 or 4 inch drivers. The design is quite flexible for drivers that share similarities to the original driver used.

Although, Bjørn has been kind enough to sim some other drivers, like the W3-2141 that needed a slightly bigger adjustment.

Bjørn also made a sim and design for 5 inch drivers. Called the TABAQ Large.

We use the same for most 3 or 4 inch drivers. The design is quite flexible for drivers that share similarities to the original driver used.

Although, Bjørn has been kind enough to sim some other drivers, like the W3-2141 that needed a slightly bigger adjustment.

Bjørn also made a sim and design for 5 inch drivers. Called the TABAQ Large.

Thanks Perceval!:)

I didn't try to reduce stuffing.

I like them with the original stuffing, and made a sweep to double check.... sorry for the low volume, I had to be a little quiet as it was past bedtime for most!
The sweep was done at the listening position... about 1.5m from the speakers

It's not dead flat, but it sounds nice.

While trying to measure another driver/enclosure, I have noticed the same drop above 10k... which I know to be impossible because the combo is able to get to 20k easily, so please discard the previous measurement sweep I posted...

I need to find out where the problem is and what causes the huge drop after 10k. Then, I'll re-do the sweeps with hopefully more accurate results.

Sorry!

Ha!

This is more like it. The blue line is taken in free air, mounted on a stool 45cm off the floor, 1 meter off the wall... so no bass boost from wall and floor in this measurement.

The green line is directly one a wall and floor. There's almost 5dB gain but room nodes causing a dip around 230Hz.

I usually tame the two "hills" at 2.8kHz and 10kHz via EQ on my iPad music app (EQu) and it sounds quite good.

Attachments

• TABAQ in Air.jpg
    TABAQ in Air.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 593
  • TABAQ on Wall.jpg
    TABAQ on Wall.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 599
Last edited: