TABAQ TL for Tangband

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Danzz,
If you are looking for a nice looking and great sounding driver for a MLTL, consider the Dayton RS100-4. At $28 it has a cast frame, nice phase plug, is well built and has smooth response. The Qts is 0.53, ideal for deep rich bass below fs and with a class leading 4mm of xmax, it won't run out of excursion easily. Not sure if available readily in Europe though. An alternative that is also good is the Faital Pro 3FE22. It looks kind of ugly though so needs a grill. Sounds great though.

Also take a look at Dayton PS95-8.

Danzz,
If you are looking for a nice looking and great sounding driver for a MLTL, consider the Dayton RS100-4. At $28 it has a cast frame, nice phase plug, is well built and has smooth response. The Qts is 0.53, ideal for deep rich bass below fs and with a class leading 4mm of xmax, it won't run out of excursion easily. Not sure if available readily in Europe though. An alternative that is also good is the Faital Pro 3FE22. It looks kind of ugly though so needs a grill. Sounds great though.

Also take a look at Dayton PS95-8.

Thanks for the offer but here in europe its really hard to find those drivers, I checked a couple of online shops that have dayton speakers, and one I dont see dayton speakers anymore and the other one, doesnt have that one, but here dayton is not as cheap as in the states... for example the Dayton RSS210 subwoofer in PE its 90$ and here in europe its 156€, about 165$...

I dont know why PE only has fedex as international shipping... US post international mail its cheap and its quite fast, I got from LA some valves for a preamp in less than a week with US post...

I had great experience with my TABAQ's using Tang Band W3-881SIF (discontinued), until one of my TABAQ's fell on it's side an the magnet of the driver snapped off and fell, it was held together by a very thin coat of epoxy. I realigned it and used more epoxy, but it didn't align properly, so to the trash it went. It was a very nice sounding driver for $9.00 each, when PE had them on sale. Yesterday I ordered a pair of Tymphany TC9FD18-08 to mount to the TABAQ. At $12.90 each they are a good deal.

I also took out the drivers of my Realistic Minimus-18 to try them out, but they need a bigger hole, so, I will try to do another TABAQ or similar enclosure for them, or put them back in their perfectly cosmetically good Realistic enclosure.

DAYTON PS 85-8 3 1/2" Full Range Driver in the TABAQ TL

Has anyone done a build using the DAYTON PS85-8 3 1/2" Fullrange Driver in the TABAQ TL enclosure? I have a couple of these drivers on order from PE, and I think they might be the ticket to a great sounding version of this cabinet/driver combination. Given the reviews for this particular driver and the TABAQ TL thread feedback. I was thinking the bass would be in the neighborhood of 45-50 HZ given the driver Specs, which is a little lower than the Tang Bands and the predicted cabinet sim of 55 HZ? I would appreciate any firsthand insight or sim info from the full range guru's!:)

THANKS,
MAC:scratch:

*Apparently this little driver is also capable of rendering fidelity without a BSC, as well. which is a good thing!

You meant the DAYTON PS95-8 3 1/2", right?

Looks good for the TABAQ. As for no BSC, YMMV, but if you place them directly against a wall, they should sound good.

That's the one Perceval, I did a mis -type in my original post. Thanks for the info as I was hoping not to add any extraneous components to the mix. Adding a BSC kind of kills the joy of full range speakers in my estimation.

Thanks,
Mac:)

Hi , it would be a bad idea later add a ' mouth' in Tabaq ?
Change the tune ?
Changes the frequency ?
any help

best regards

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 842
  • tabaq.jpg
    tabaq.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 837