TABAQ TL for Tangband

Is there a Tabaq for 6 inch driver? I searched the thread. Couldn't find any.
I built a 6.5" MLTL with a 2144 driver
Sounds amazing. It's on here, not sure how to link, but search my posts.

They are plain BB right now, I'm trying to decide if I need to change stuffing before final glue and tung oil. 20201014_125350.jpg

Fine. Thanks. This shop indeed had chipboard, and in fact the shopkeeper recommended the same. I would like to know is it better than MDF?

Both "chipboard" and "MDF" are slightly nebulous terms, but I would think that in general the smaller the bits of wood, the more dense and less resonant the material would be. Again, I'm no expert, and I don't know any of the science that might be behind this. But I have built a number of TABAQs with chipboard, and the enclosures don't seem to resonate at all to me...

Both "chipboard" and "MDF" are slightly nebulous terms, but I would think that in general the smaller the bits of wood, the more dense and less resonant the material would be. Again, I'm no expert, and I don't know any of the science that might be behind this. But I have built a number of TABAQs with chipboard, and the enclosures don't seem to resonate at all to me...

Avoid MDF. Produces a very fine dust when cutting/sanding which is carcinogenic and difficult to clean. You must wear a good mask when working with MDF.

If you cant find plywood use chipboard or good quality OSB.

Victor

tnvijay,

Are you planning to build a TABAQ with 3" drivers?

Standard 12mm or 15mm ply should be sufficient, as long as it is relatively void free and the surfaces are even. There should be a variety of "Gurjan" plywood available in India? Higher number of thin layers are usually desirable vs fewer number of thick layers.

Marine plywood is usually stronger vs normal ply, but overkill for the application.

Hello again :)
after building my TABAQs with TB W4-1320SIF and enjoying them imenselly for the past few years, i was thinking about building a pair of TABAQ Box (that bookshelf folded TL version) with an 3" driver...
I tried to find plans in this huge thread, also a current recommendation for a 3" driver, but with little success...
So, i was wondering, what would be the best price/sound quality driver atm, regardless of manufacturer (anything goes) with preferably a bit more bassy sound. Also, if someone can, please, point me to post with current plans for folded box version.
Thanks in advance :)

How deep down do they go (campared to my TABAQ wit TB W4-1320SIF,for example) ? I'm looking for something for my dearest, they are not supposed to be party speakers, but for general living room use. For various types of music. I'm not expecting ludicrous amount and depth of bass, but would like for it to exist :)

Dear all, with respect to Bjorn's Pdf depicting Tabaq geometry for 4 inches, Bjohn gives us two options
1. Standard TABAQ with less stuffing
2. Tabaq with increased CSA and port area.

I have hand drawn a box version for both, using 24mm plywood /mdf
In the increased CSA, for identification i call as XL Tabaq. In this the CSA is 171 and Port area is 22.8 This can be easily achieved keeping the 10.7 inner width same and increasing the cross section length to 16cm(against 12cm in standard TABAQ box). The port area is also them easily achieved by increasing the port opening to 1.4cm ( against 1.3 )
Here's a hand drawn table.
I welcome suggestions and corrections.
Thanks Bjohn for the wonderful design.

Attachments

• IMG_20201115_134543_compress51.jpg
    IMG_20201115_134543_compress51.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 506
Joined 2016
Paid Member
Finished my Tabaq with Peerless P830987. Still burning in but after 10 hours they sound great. When I had the tiny drivers in my hands I was sceptical, but now that they are playing against a wall, not sub needed. Amazing achievment from Bjorn, thanks again ! I have previously build a pair with Faital 4FE32 but I don't have them side by side so I can't compare. The sound of the Peerless is very delicate. Now playing Radio Paradise FLAC channel, Bird York/In the Deep and boy what a delicate voice she has ! The end-user is a yoga teacher so I thought adding the ohm symbol is appropriate. She has seen them through a telco and she likes their look. Hopefully she will like the sound as well ;)

Driven by my Pete Millett engineer amp, great sound. Soon I will drive them with a 3e-audio 3255, but this is yet to be built. So much to do !

Attachments

• tabaq_peerless_small.jpg
    tabaq_peerless_small.jpg
    590.4 KB · Views: 437
Finished my Tabaq with Peerless P830987. Still burning in but after 10 hours they sound great. When I had the tiny drivers in my hands I was sceptical, but now that they are playing against a wall, not sub needed. Amazing achievment from Bjorn, thanks again ! I have previously build a pair with Faital 4FE32 but I don't have them side by side so I can't compare. The sound of the Peerless is very delicate. Now playing Radio Paradise FLAC channel, Bird York/In the Deep and boy what a delicate voice she has ! The end-user is a yoga teacher so I thought adding the ohm symbol is appropriate. She has seen them through a telco and she likes their look. Hopefully she will like the sound as well ;)

Driven by my Pete Millett engineer amp, great sound. Soon I will drive them with a 3e-audio 3255, but this is yet to be built. So much to do !

Beautiful build, me too one day want to try the P830987, for now still ultra enjoy 4FE32...all the best

P.S. wha is the meaning of the logo on the top? Sorry just curious :)