System Pictures & Description

Hey people

This is my system

The only Diy item here is my subwoofer :) my main speakers are AAD C-800i, my center and rears are DSE bookshelf speakers and my amplifier is a Zensonic Z1080B 7 channel amp

Image002.jpg

Image003.jpg

SimontY said:

Do they make any low bass? That sub looks very nicely built and finished, although surely it'd be nicer with the plate amp screwed into the back or side.

Simon

Do they make any low bass?....Oh you, you think just cause there car subwoofers that there not capable of low bass, Car subs usually have tiny boxs and as you can see I gave them a decent sized box,

and yes can they produce "low" bass, try 20 - 80hz +/- 2 db outside, A little more mixed up inside but yeah, its a sweet subwoofer and because there car subs they are tough and durable

and in my room There must be a room mode at 16hz because I can hit 110 quiet easily lol, shakes my walls and throttles the towl shelf on the other side of the wall

Also I would have preferred to have the plate amp on the inside but thought it out and Kept it out just in case I sold it to a car owner and they chose to use it in there car, so I stuck bi-wire terminals on the back

If you want to read about it, search "Dominator"

thanks cya :)

Toast_Master said:
you think just cause there car subwoofers that there not capable of low bass

Yeh, that's what I thought. But like you say, the box size you've achieved is totally unlike what people have in their cars, and clearly that allows things to work properly. I did think many car sub drivers were optimized for mid-bass, but you've chosen decent ones if you can get sub-20hz! (Low bass is usually considered 16-40hz.) 110db is very loud!

edit: is it just me or has anyone else noticed every Aussie on this forum loves extreme bass??? lol

Hey

yeah there quite Awesome thanks, they do the job well but I will admit Id have preferred Tempest subs but the adire shop would not reply to any of my emails at the time, so I had to find some subwoofers of decent quality that had nice Xmax

Can I see a pic of yours and some specs? :) I viewed this thread thinking there wouldnt be that many pages I checked the first few but I wanted to post mine so I skipped over the rest lol but will look later

Thanks Cya

Sure, I can post a pic, but it'll have to be when I get home. My Tempest isn't that special, although it is large: 270 litres, ports tuned to 20hz (2 x ~10cm diameter ports). Driven by a decent class D plate amp of 150w: plenty in this large box.

I find the Tempest isn't so great for anything above 50hz, but it's crossed over at about 45hz so all it does is fill in a bit. I mainly use it for music. If I wanted a sub to go higher it would have to be in a much smaller & sealed box, otherwise I don't think it can be made to gel.

For home cinema I run it full range and allow a processor to send LFE to mains and sub jointly. This gives a good wallop.

There are some terrific bass solutions in this thread if you have a good browse!!

Simon

m0tion said:
What is the stack exactly?

From top to bottom :
Sony ST-SDB9800 Digital Tuner
Sony XA5ES CD player
Primare A30.1 integrated amplifier (for main speakers)
NAD M15 surround processor
NAD C272 Power amplifier (for surrounds)

Not shown, in my TV cabinet is a Marantz DV9600 DVD player and Topfield TF5000 PVR. TV is a Panasonic TH-42PX70A.

David
www.gattiweb.com

David Gatti said:

From top to bottom :
Sony ST-SDB9800 Digital Tuner
Sony XA5ES CD player
Primare A30.1 integrated amplifier (for main speakers)
NAD M15 surround processor
NAD C272 Power amplifier (for surrounds)

Not shown, in my TV cabinet is a Marantz DV9600 DVD player and Topfield TF5000 PVR. TV is a Panasonic TH-42PX70A.

David
www.gattiweb.com

I just spent the last 30 minutes or so going through your site. All I can say is... WOW!!! :bigeyes: I wish I had your wood working skills!

My system:
- Scheu record player, VPI 12.5, Grado element
- Leach MC prepre
- ML 31.5
- Krell Stealth
- Pass Aleph P clone
- Gainclone (mid-high)
- UCD400 mono´s (bass)
- Omnes audio subwoofer filter
- Wilson Watt clones
- Subwoofers JBL 2203A pair
- All cables selfmade (solid silver IC, teflon copper/silver speaker, powercords XLO and Oyaide)
- Furutech power connectors and power distribution
- DIY roller blocks
- Vibrapods

Attachments

• system.jpg
    system.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 4,670