System Pictures & Description

From the construction phase: 19mm birch ply for the shell, 19mm spruce ply for the inside curves, 1/4" mdf sandwiched in the middle of the baffle.

Attachments

• construction.jpg
    construction.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 5,383
Vintage relics in my cave

Hello from the USA heartland
Here is a pic of my modest menagery of aural delight. The NS1000's are powered with a ESP P101.The NS1000M's are powered with a second ESP P101 and soon the NS-690's will be Triamped with two Yamaha M-45's and a M-4 via a ESP P09 LR Crossover. I am currently using a Yamaha C-2 control amp with a Yamaha CDX-930 CD Player and a Yamaha YP-701 TT with a pickering XV-15 cartridge

Attachments

• dsc01554.jpg
    dsc01554.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 4,652
Re: Vintage relics in my cave

I remember walking by a store that displayed NS1000's at La Jolla, CA next to a picturesqe beach, nearly 30 years ago. It was a hot speaker then...

gychang

XEAGLEKEEPER said:
Hello from the USA heartland
Here is a pic of my modest menagery of aural delight. The NS1000's are powered with a ESP P101.The NS1000M's are powered with a second ESP P101 and soon the NS-690's will be Triamped with two Yamaha M-45's and a M-4 via a ESP P09 LR Crossover. I am currently using a Yamaha C-2 control amp with a Yamaha CDX-930 CD Player and a Yamaha YP-701 TT with a pickering XV-15 cartridge

My system

Hi this is my system.
The speakers werre somthing i built during the summer.
The drivers are a 10" scanspeak in a 54 L colsed box.
The midrange are 6.5" from Peerless that is siting in the open and finaly there is old Fostex tweeter.
The speaker is alll my own designe, i only did som simulation on the woffer box. There is active Dbx 223Xl filter betwen the top and the woffer and a passive filter for the midrange and the tweeter.

The ampilfiers are a Nikko Alpha III for the top and Sentec Pa9 Mono amplifers for the bass. And a modified Pioneer 656 as source.

I am happy with the sound but i am going to get a preamp soon.

Attachments

• lsmallspeaker.jpg
    lsmallspeaker.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 4,444
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

this is the set in the living, DIY speakers (active sub/sat system) Denon CD, Nakamichi tape. Philips TV also on the set.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and this in the HT: Audiolab FCR speakers, DIY sub (Peerless, compound CB) DIY surround speakers, HK receiver, Philips DVD/SACD, Philips VCR, Dual 505

Here is my system, I will be moving the electronics to the back of the room this weekend (just got my RF remote receiver). I got my NHT speakers back when Macy's went out of the electronics business, Everything was marked down to 40% and the salesman said Half off af that. I bought everything I could and now have 5.1 system in the bedroom & 9.3 in the family room. The stage is my DIY sub running from 40Hz down.

Attachments

• frontview1.jpg
    frontview1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 2,866
here they are finish but now the problem I have is a lot of reverb,echo,cancelation,It sounds as if I have 2 more speakers behind me the sound bounces everywhere.would it be good to cover the back wall and the sides with that green panel?and the other thing I have a problem is setting the tweeters,cause it's slider inside the box to which I have to unscrew slide on a big resistor (i think).could it be possible to change that if not how can I get them to have the same setting?(multimetre,ohms,voltage etc..)
a friend of mine has acoustats 2+2 and he has a pot outside the box to adjust.could I modify mine to be adjustable from the outside?my room is 14'x36' and the wall on the other end is a brick wall with a wood stove so can't put anything there...as you can see on the other picture before....

any ideas would be apreciated:bawling:

Attachments

• audio maison low.036.jpg
    audio maison low.036.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 4,731
newfinish said:
here they are finish but now the problem I have is a lot of reverb,echo,cancelation,It sounds as if I have 2 more speakers behind me the sound bounces everywhere.would it be good to cover the back wall and the sides with that green panel?and the other thing I have a problem is setting the tweeters,cause it's slider inside the box to which I have to unscrew slide on a big resistor (i think).could it be possible to change that if not how can I get them to have the same setting?(multimetre,ohms,voltage etc..)
a friend of mine has acoustats 2+2 and he has a pot outside the box to adjust.could I modify mine to be adjustable from the outside?my room is 14'x36' and the wall on the other end is a brick wall with a wood stove so can't put anything there...as you can see on the other picture before....

any ideas would be apreciated:bawling:

Maybe build some bas traps for the corner's more carpet on the floor. I bet that shiny floor is concrete and it helps make things echo alot.

my bass is not at it's best (possibly of all the echo I have)and the floor is comercial tiles,plywwod with 2x3's and then ciment floor.also the ceiling is suspended with acoustic isolator(brown itchy stuff):dead:
I have bass because the floor in my bedroom shakes. :D but just doesn't show downstairs at least not as it feels upstairs

that's my point Idon't have much besides one of my wife's quilts paded with pur cotton,about 1/8" thick,but should I start covering the sidewalls or the whole back since my acoustats are dipole,to minimise reflections comin from the back.?:confused:
because before with my conventional speaker I didnt have that much echo.very little to say.

finally my bass and image appeared!!!
had inverted the wiresin the interface on one side:eek:
but now wow!! what a difference the sound is awsome!!
great deep bass very low.huge sound stage image is pin point,great overall:D very happy with the results.
gotta still work the room but a lot less then i thought:xeye: