System Pictures & Description

my new speakers... :D

okay, here they are, not as fancy as your stuff, but still, made by me.

the right speaker
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

the left speaker
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

my chair :D

back of one speaker

pics

hello,
my first fostex fullrange.. whit fe107

Attachments

• littlefostex4.jpg
    littlefostex4.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 3,257
This is my first DIY home audio project.

The design is by John Krutke, the drivers are Vifa XG18's and Seas 27TDFC. The boxes I can proudly say were built by me and turned out better than I could have hoped considering the only experience I have is with making plane-Jane MDF sub enclosures.

I am quite happy with the results and I must add the Seas 27TDFC is really much better than I expected for the price.

Attachments

• pic00245.jpg
    pic00245.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 3,439
An actual photo this time ...

Last time I posted renderings which included things I've built and things I have planned. This is an actual photo this time.

The most finished part is my mains - curved TL speakers with Vifa P17 midbass drivers and D25AG tweeter finished with real wood veneer and rosewood stained. Subs on the side in prototype boxes (AE speakers AV12) powered by a beefy PA amp (Behringer EP2500).

Ultracurve DEQ2496 to calibrate it flat (under TV)

DIY active xo (not happy with it yet)

DIY chip amp (still working on hum) ... not shown

Akai integrated amp (next to the sub amp)

Old mini system with chip amp to run the tweeters temporarily ...

There is a LOT of work needed here to get it all going at the level I'm aiming, both visually and sonically. I also have a diy mic in the works.

Attachments

• overview.jpg
    overview.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 3,561
Quasar

Front view

Setup:
Open baffle.
Supravox 215 Signature Bicone & Supravox 285 GMF.
No filter: both drivers are connected directly (in parallel) to the JLTi tube hybrid amplifier.
Behringer Ultracurve 8024 equalizes in the digital domain between source and battery-powered non-oversampling DAC.

Sound description (important issues):
Laid-back and warm however extremely revealling.
Completely stress-free sound and BIG dynamics when needed.
Coherency, coherency, coherency. Only after I had removed the filter for the bass,
did I find out what mid-bass detail and sound integration really means.
Able to play virtually all music (there _are_ some crappy recordings out there) at a satisfactory sound level, and sounding pleasant.

Side view

Left signal EQ

Right signal EQ

Re: To Per Engelholm

JC Fardo said:
Hello Per
I´ve been following HFLS-1 upgrading (OK, the pictures, at least :D ) and would like to clear some questions, if you please
Is there BSC incorporated in HFLS-1 XO? How do you recommend in room placement?
Also I noticed that there´s a comparison of HFLS-1 and Proac 2.5 clone in Swedish forum. Could you please in short lines translate to us pointing soundstage, bass extention and detailing.
In advance thank you very much
JC
Hi,

First of all - sorry for my late answer! :whazzat:
With that said - thanks for your question!

Yes there are a few guys who have built 'em both: HFLS-1 and "CloneAc". :D I remember that there was a shoot out between them, but not in detail what was the conclusion. I don't seem to find the thread either...Sorry!

There is also a subb and active cross over slowly evolving to assist HFLS-1 to reach new hights! :cool:

There was comments on the highs on the CloneAc. That's pretty much what I remember...

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
This is a 2-way speaker that I finished last winter.
Millenium tweeter, Excel W18E001 mid/bass, and two SP17R passive radiators per box.

The sound is very good, very detailed (not so detailed as Thor) and the bass goes deeper then I believed it would.

regards
Christer Skaug

Attachments

• 2-siste prosjekt1.jpg
    2-siste prosjekt1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 3,732
Small two way with Seas excel W12 and ScanSpeak 9300 tweeter.

The enclosure is made with thin sheets of wood and lead in between. Epoxy glue everywhere. These are heavy and real dead. Stands are made with PVC pipe filled with sand and MDF base. External crossover.

The sound is real nice, with good bass for a small woofer. However, the resonances of the woofer are not perfectly tamed yet so I still have to fine tune the crossover. Clean sound.

F

Attachments

• petit.jpg
    petit.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 3,814
these are somewhat DIY. i took apart my '77 advents last year (bought new!), added duplicate parts from ebay, and built me some doubles. the L/R boxes have a sloping front, with an interior partition that divides the internal space between the woofers. the partition is also sloped, so only the sides are parallel. the enclosed volumes are not equal. trying to spread out any mid-bass humps. the tweeters are mounted side-by-side (i know, bad idea, etc), and the outboard tweeters are aimed at the center of the room. very wide sweet spot!

the center channel is also a double advent. each bass module is the same volume as the original large advent, and the tweeters are mounted in maple blocks on top of the tv.

all bass enclosures are stuffed with original foam: 5 each 2" thick 1 foot squares.

all boxs are painted flat black, and then sprayed with black granite paint. the L/R speakers have "floating" grilles. basically a light frame, with grille cloth, and hung from a bracket sticking out between the tweeters. i still have to make grilles for the center channel boxes.

they sound wonderful!!! :)

sm.

Attachments

• latest pic.jpg
    latest pic.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 3,617