• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

symphonic-mpd

Hope its ok, but I now have an image of SMPD up and running, RoonBridge is installed, and everything sounds good from outside the room (just making sure it all runs at the moment, not really evaluating anything).

I'm using:
Pi4
Ian Canada FifoPi Q3 Ultimate
Ian Canada HDMIPi LVDS transmitter
Ian Canada LifePO4 battery PSU
Denafrips DAC
Roon with DSD256 upsampling

FifoPi is showing it is locked on, DSD is the format via DoP, and I can watch the different OXs take control based on input sample rate.

The only thing I'm unclear on - I started with 1.07 and from there I was able to update to 1.0.10 through the interface, all was painless.

I'm not able to find any of the .slave or .master dt-blob files referenced in the installation guide, so I'm not sure if I'm operating in slave or master mode?

SMPD Registration

Hi kubotayo-san,

Have emailed you to request for joining SMPD forum. Thanks

I'm a member of SMPD forum group that is trying to internationalize SMPD.
So, I would like to add some explanations about the GPL. This explains why SMPD's software is open to the public on a membership basis.

SMPD was released to the public in late 2017. At this time, there was no membership system and anyone could download it. I don't know if the kernel source has been modified at this point. The PhileWeb forum was used to exchange information for the development. This forum is the Japanese version of diyAudio.
In late 2018 a version using Xenomai as the real-time kernel was released and thorough tuning for higher sound quality has begun. It seems that the scale of modification of the kernel source code has become large around this time.

In March of last year, a PhileWeb member interested in this tuning requested disclosure of the source code.
Papalius rejected this request because it was before version 1.0 was released and it was not ready to be released. And he set up a dedicated forum where only members could download SMPD and write/exchange information for development. Therefore, I think it's better to discuss the source code in a dedicated forum. Thank you for your understanding.

I would like to add about SMPD membership registration.

Anyone who writes in this thread is unconditionally admitted as a member. If you are interested in SMPD even if you haven't written in this thread, please send me an email with the reason why you are interested in SMPD. If there is no problem, I would like to approve it. As Papalius' first message says, my email address is "kubotayo@jcom.home.ne.jp".
When Papalius is focused on development, I think it would be faster if you sent an email to my address.