Symetrical schematics are alike plague in Brazil, do you like them?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Carlos,

30 years ago I built this. Please look at the circuit topology, I guess you might like it ;).

Best regards,

Attachments

• 1980.JPG
    1980.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 229
This is ridiculous Wahab?

You just want to show us your ideas about this amplifier..you want to describe yours....how to make it perfect in your point of view.

Open your own thread and post your amplifier...do something usefull in the place to enter other threads doing what you use to do.

I am not interested......but as Hugh invited you to do that, so, go ahead.

The amplifiers where built, and worked perfectly..the ones i said have not sounded good...not this one in the wrong drawn schematic....what are you talking about...snake oil?

Are you using google translator in your brain.... seems you are reading wrong translations and understanding things wrong way.

You were also in another thread, where the guy assembled and simulated too (Kuroda)... a very high level of knowledge there..you failed into the simulator and said the amplifier does not work?.... this does not make any sense to say working amplifiers does not work.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/164476-kuroda-tl071-60w-fet-amp-1982-a.html#post2143789

This schematic sounds not good...of course, the ones wrongly drawn have to be fixed when you build...if you do not fix Wahab, wrong draw schematics does not produces sound.... and correctly assembled (without electrical errors) produces sound.

You insist in things where you are wrong...or understanding things wrong way..first the BD139 datasheet specifications...now that wrong schematics can be assembled and produce sound.

This is the service you intend to offer to DIYers? .... go to their threads, where they talk about assembled and working amplifiers... then you simulate to try to understand a little...fail when installing parts at the simulator, result 36V off set, because YOUR error building parts at the simulator..and say that "there's something wrong with the amplifier"

Man...there's a special group for you to visit..the three annoying folks....maybe four.

Be carefull with the english language..maybe this is your trouble..not understanding what you read.

Carlos

Last edited:
Carlos, since you don t understand something, you say that you
are not interested, even you did open this thread and asked for clues..
But you re still asking for clarifications using Hugh as a cover..

Those who designed , or rather copied those amps without having
no clues about how they really work, made both a critical mistake
among others..

Both are not compensated the right way at all..
The first one use two shunt caps of 47pF which are not enough,
plus a 100pF (!) as lead cap , a huge value with catastrophic results.

The second one has no compensation at all , only a 10pF cap as
lead compensation, that s not good either, this amp wil produce
AM modulation when a signal is applied...

Funny that they made the same mistake, but in two exactly
opposite directions !!!....

With such fatal misdesigns , there s not even the slightest need to
go further, i let other people find the remaining issues of these
complete failures...

If you did build these pseudo amps, i now understand why you critisized
my own design on the same topology.
I remind you your own words , that is, build the circuit rather than
using those poor designed ones as equally poor argument to trash
other people s designs...

Wahab,

Thanks for the fault analysis. I see what you mean, clear enough. Did you notice the non-equal input bias and series feedback resistors?

On another matter, I have acted entirely independently. Carlos is neither 'using' me (interesting word!) nor are we discussing the thread. He's a big boy, and he can take care of himself. OTOH, this forum is not solving world poverty, aids, or averting war, so I would ask ruefully what the point of all this angst really is. A is cleverer than B perhaps?

I simply like good manners. I make no claim to any expertise, but I do like people to be civil and where possible, positive. I come here for relaxation, and when I see all these warring chieftains, I scratch my chin, but now and again I comment.

Both the faults you raise would presumably be immediately evident on the testbench, which means that they may not yet have been built.....

Hugh

Hi , hugh

Glad that you did also notice some drawbacks...

Don t worry , i ve got absolutely nothing against Carlos ,
I just want to shake him a little , so he will improve
his skills , and perhaps will battle those terrible designs
that are spreading in his country , ruining listening experiences
of guys unaware that they are plagued from the start.....

I believe.... well...more than a belief...i know, topologie sounds

No matter what you do, it has some sonic signature.

This one, i do not believe, as i have tested several times, that can produce the kind of sound i like, the kind of sonics i understand, feel and listen as good sound.

No magic possible, reason why i am not interested in the solutions you have applied, because for sure, hundred percent sure, i have tried and applied before...when i build amplifiers i use to tweak resistances and capacitors up and down, and not because i am clever, because obvious thing to be done.

I have perceived these symetrical amplifiers very bad in sonics (bass) and no tweak could make them sound fine to my personnal, subjective taste.

This thread was not opened by me, to learn how to make it sound fine...i am sure it cannot sound fine, not matter what you do, the big magic or technology you apply to it (now thread will be more populated.ahahahahaha!)

This thread was opened, to know if others have perceived the symetrical design the same way i have perceived..not good enougth

Also i have pointed, that brazilian population loves...but population are not audiophiles, they do not compare..for them...noises, if loud, are good.

I wanted to know if other audiophiles, experienced folks, have perceived that as not good sound amplifier...also if they have concluded if was because the topologie or not.

The thread acomplished the task..people had time enougth to post their ideas about.

I am not interested, a matter of fact, to learn/try/be informed methods to make this amplifier (style, topologie) good in sonics....because i do not believe this is possible, means... an enormous waste of time to try this.

You should open a thread to inform folks the clever solutions, high technology applied to these amplifiers dear Wahab....in special this is the moment..go!

My provocation technique produces some opposition that will fast to your thread to support you.

Now this thread will be populated...heheheheheh...not matter what happens..have fun!..life is short..soon, me and you will pass away...and our deep inteligence will be dissolved in space...so.... not important me and you.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• crazy.jpg
    crazy.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Possibe, Pavel..
Personnaly, i ve nothing to sell.

I settled for symetrical designs after building many
amps using the same devices for simultaneous
comparison using signal generators, discs and my
msical instruments as signal sources...

Last edited:
And I would say that if you seek to paint me as an insidious, commercially-oriented shill (regardless of how timid and indirect is your aim) you could not be more wrong.

The truth is I don't care one whit to either defend my design, Carlos' design, or anyone's design. They are what they are and the users will know whether they work or do not work. Arguments about their merits or just how stupid the designer really is are silly and inconclusive. I have neither an agenda to triumph over others, nor to educate the novice. I endeavour to be civil, and from time to time learn something. The last thing I wish to be involved in is a urinary projectile contest with people I have never met over concepts and circuits that cannot be jointly tested using virtual instruments and simulators of unknown provenance..... including listening tests. As I said, this is relaxation for me, nothing more.

I think it is fair to say that there are many in this world that the individual can never agree with, and can never meet. That's just life. We are all judgmental, and few escape our observations. This is truer within the sterile forum context than any other. If someone shakes the branches and threatens the birds, even to the extent of asking for a show of manners, the results are really quite amazing....

Hugh

You English language is beautifull dear Hugh...i will translate

using google translator, i think it is funny with the mess the translation result.

They are always the same...moved by envy.... they have not these thousands of amplifiers around the world... they have not a respectable company,not a famous name, nor a lovely products as you have.

No one took a plane for their country/town to receive amplifiers from your hand... people paying what you ask for, without discuss, knowing will have a top performance amplifier... flying from US and other countries to Australia...just to receive an amplifier from your hands...inviting you to have a dinner and feeling proud to be in your company...i wish i could do that too...to have a picture together you to put in my living room wall..to feel honored because of that.

You are just the best audio amplifier designer in this big world....your amplifiers are just excellent...much better than average sound amplifiers, really top performers.

I really think..... really.... talking truth...you should not spend a second more with some losers we have..that loves to try to hit you...you know...they think they are David..and you the Giant...and this is truth..you are so bigger than they are (annoying folks) that you are a giant in comparison with them... they need to be bombing others in this forum, just to be noticed..to appear.... to be known...so, they search for the most active ones..where there are more readers..or famous alike you..then they will appear..will have some ligth on them... reflected from you.

Also...i really think..you should not waste too much time with me too..unless to teach me things, as i am a result of your efforts in teaching things...i am a product, mainly from you...not only forum or my own effort.

Let the dog's goes barking, four legs animals uses to bark when they are dogs.. their nature is this way....the carriage will continue travelling, carrying the king....this time, the king of audio!

You should say:

- "Eat my dust!"

This is not sarcasm or ironie..it is real feeling i have about you.

With all respect,

yours,

Carlos Mergulhão

Attachments

• king_crown_2_72th.gif
    king_crown_2_72th.gif
    28.4 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
One could hope that technical arguments would be used in such
debates that is topologies comparisons...
But no, it s not possible since some contenders , when pushed in
a corner only respond with void arguments like " it sound very good" ,
or other "it has been built by many people satifactory" and so on..

Many people did buy the subprime scam, yet, it didn t made these
junk assets worthy of confidence, quite the contrary..

I m not talking about Hugs design s , if ever he felt pointed , but
rather of some designs that are crawling by there with score of
false informations obscuring the fact that most of the available
negative feedback is used to clear (partially) serious design issues..

That s all the magic of these single differential desin in that even
a bad designer can make them sound a (very) little better than
a TDA2003 on steroid...

To end in a positive note, i would say that the eventual builders
of these "best amps in the world" ,as branded by their promoters
are lucky to still have a serious progress margin left for the future !!!
At least, the best is yet to come for them...

My question about the subject was answered... also i knew some folks that loves

this style of amplifier...so..... i am satisfied with the thread results.

I thank you all by the kindness to come to share your thougths, almost all posts readed, except the "boring platoon" ones, and i am unsubscribing to the thread as i have an amplifier to build and this takes some time reading and typing.

Best regards to all friends....be free and enjoy the discussion..i already have the answers i wanted.

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.