• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SymAsym - The Sequel, AAK's PCB GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The substitute part that I selected for C7, and C8 on the new BOM found in post 39 has a lead spacing of 10mm when it should be 15mm.

I'll post a new BOM when I find a substitute part.

Al

Al,

It look like that the following mouser part has got the lead spacing of 15mm: 505-MKP4-0.1/630/5.

It has higher voltage rating and its size (7x14x18mm) is slightly bigger than the original speced MKP10-.1/250/5.

It will be too expensive for me to order these Wima capacitors as I already received my mouser order. However I have got a few 275V polypropylene X2-type RFI-capacitors and the lead spacing fits the board and I will give them a try.

According to Wima page, all these capacitors has got Polypropylene (PP) film
dielectric but different internal contructions:
MKP4 is for High frequency coupling and decoupling.
MKP10 is for Switcg mode power supply & audio/video equipment
MKP-X2 is for Class X2 RFI applications.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.