• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SymAsym - The Sequel, AAK's PCB GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Al,

Thanks for producing the additional THD figures, the latest circuit perfoms pretty well !
Can you also produce the IMD distortion figures?

If you gonna start a groupsbuy count me in for at least 4 boards.

regards,

Piersma

Last edited:
Welcome! This was a fun project thanks to MikeB and his vision to take his already incredible original design to the next level. I encourage everybody to read through the first few pages of the thread “SymAsym – The Sequel” found here

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/87609-symasym-sequel.html

You’ll get a feel for the design and the flexibility that the design provides for those that would like to do some experimentation.

Here’s the link to the thread that I started to help those interested get up to speed.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/154717-my-new-symasym-pcb-design-rev_1-3-a.html

This PCB GB is for the Dual Transistor Version (DTV) found in post #29. The price per board is US $13.47.

For those interested email me your paypal email and shipping address. I'll look into shipping cost and I'll email that information along with packaging envelope and Paypal fee when we get to 50 boards.

Regards,

Al

Moderators can you please append the posts in thread "AAK's SymAsym PCB Group Buy" to this one. Thanks!

Update

I have a count of 34 boards so far. We still need 16 more. Here's a list of the members that have emailed me so far with the number boards their interested in.

ernesternest - 4
cherit - 2
sng001 - 2
harry c - 2 + 1PSU
mlloyd1 - 2
ed ladfontaine - 2
chalkandtalk - 4
mega_amp - 2
sheldond - 4
piersma - 4
grufti - 4
acidbrain - 2

If I left anybody out please let me know.

Regards,

Al

Hi All,

The board price is US $13.47. That's for 75 boards two-week price one-week delivery. I figured that having some extra boards for latecomers is probably not a bad idea and helps with the price. Currently I have a count for about 30boards.

If the price looks good email me your paypal email and shipping address, and I'll get things moving along. I'd like to order the boards this week and ship them out before the end of the year if possible. As I receive shipping addresses, I'll look into shipping cost and I'll email that information along with packaging envelope and Paypal fee.

Just wondering how many are interested in the external PS? The external PS can be used to run two amps with a single transformer, or two can be used, one for each amp to add more AC filtering capacitance.

Al

Hi Al,
may I ask what exactly are the dimensions of the DTV board?

Hi Holger,

5.865"x2.95"

Regards,

Al

:cop:I'm going to clean up this GB thread and didn't want important information lost

Hi All,

It looks like Mouser and Digikey are out of the 2SC4793. I'd be happy to ship along with the boards a closely matched set of 2SC4793/2SA1837 for each board at the Mouser cost? No charge for the matching. Or just the 2SC4793 alone if you'd like?

Regards,

Al

Marc,

Would you like me include three pairs of drivers in your order for your three amps. I have plenty of them making it easier for me to find match pairs, or get them fairly close. I'm charging the same price as Mouser, I'm not making any money on them, I just would like to get ride of some since I have so many.

Al

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.