SX-Amp and NX-Amp

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Any links, please!

You rang? :D

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/132471-national-opamp-inflation.html

I also had a very short, and personal, email conversation with Mark. He basically repeated what he said in his posts. I think he did remark that he was always a big fan of the AD811 and that is what drove him to push for such a CFB type opamp at National Semi. If anyone here is not familiar with Mark (Audioman54), he established MSB Tech in the 80's and sold his DAC designs and then later moving on to National Semiconductor. I believe he is now with TI and still working on audio designs.

PDTA115

Just a reminder, so nobody is surprised...

"PDTA115ET215, NXP Semiconductor, one of the resistor biased SMD transistors in the over-current circuit, is not available as a stocked part on cut tape (i.e., in small quantity), at least not from Mouser or Newark."

Long leadtime, limited quantity, etc, etc...

KSC3503E

Another diyaudio member is looking into ordering these in quantity, and will share with us when they arrive. Since this is a small group, there will be plenty for everyone.

Basically, he and I will split his lot buy, and I will pass them on to anyone who is interested at the quantity price, around $0.15/ea.

"PDTA115ET215, NXP Semiconductor, one of the resistor biased SMD transistors in the over-current circuit, is not available as a stocked part on cut tape (i.e., in small quantity), at least not from Mouser or Newark."

I have ordered 755-DTA115EKAT146 from Mouser to substitute for the NXP part. The case is not a SOT23 but it is very close and I expect it to fit the board without problems.

Regarding the KSC3503E, at $0.15 I will buy as many as you are willing to sell.

If you do get some BC556C's, I'll buy some of those too.

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Ksc3503E

Another diyaudio member is looking into ordering these in quantity, and will share with us when they arrive. Since this is a small group, there will be plenty for everyone.

Basically, he and I will split his lot buy, and I will pass them on to anyone who is interested at the quantity price, around $0.15/ea.

Hi PMI

The HFE of my ksa1381E are from 145 to 160. I wonder what is the HFE of these ksc3505E since they have a possible range of 100 to 200:rolleyes:

Fab

Hi PMI

The HFE of my ksa1381E are from 145 to 160. I wonder what is the HFE of these ksc3505E since they have a possible range of 100 to 200:rolleyes:

Fab
At what current?

I recently tested KSA1381E, purchased together from Mouser, hfe at around 14mA (tested for VSSA): 180-195

For comparison, I also tested two pair of original Fairchild 1381E/3503E, which tested quite close around hfe~192 and 185, respectively.

I do not think you will get a close hfe match, to be honest. better than using D and E ranked parts though.

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
At what current?

I recently tested KSA1381E, purchased together from Mouser, hfe at around 14mA (tested for VSSA): 180-195

For comparison, I also tested two pair of original Fairchild 1381E/3503E, which tested quite close around hfe~192 and 185, respectively.

I do not think you will get a close hfe match, to be honest. better than using D and E ranked parts though.

It was tested at 14ma also for my parts. Based on previous recent Bonsai comment on HFE, 15% match is considered enough...

Fab

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Apologies - I will propose some equivalents. I forgot about this one.

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have ordered 755-DTA115EKAT146 from Mouser to substitute for the NXP part. The case is not a SOT23 but it is very close and I expect it to fit the board without problems.

Regarding the KSC3503E, at $0.15 I will buy as many as you are willing to sell.

If you do get some BC556C's, I'll buy some of those too.

I see you have solved this already - thanks!