• CAM02366.jpg
    CAM02366.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 467
  • CAM02365.jpg
    CAM02365.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 493
Hi Andrew, hi All,

I'm new to this thread...

Thank you Andrew for this very nice amp, which I'm on the way to build (the sx), parts already ordered. Very extensive forum too...

I can't find the power supply circuit diagram (well, I know, it's not very complicated to reconstruct...). "figure 15" on the PDF page 29 appears in black, nothing to read on it... either online or downloaded !
Does anyone have this diagram ?

there are still small differences between the BOM and the reality...
up to now, I found
- R4 should not be fitted, but is still on the BOM (as designation only)
- worse, C4-C5 and C7-C8 (1uF) are not on the BOM (nor on the schematics !) and should probably be fitted... I discovered them on the (very nice) Jims Audio PCBs, after all the parts were delivered to me...
In fact one can see them on the PDF on the underside of the PCB drawing, but value hard to read if at all possible.
I know it's a boring task to keep lists up-to-date, but it's a nasty situation to discover parts are missing once the orders have been put.
I don't mind posting an updated list once I'm sure everything is ok. Of course if you allow it, Andrew !

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have the PCB layout in front of me

C4-C5 and C7-C8 - do not fit. Therese were originally placed in parallel with the main filter caps. I decided they serve little purpose - so they were removed from the BOM. The sx-Amp circuit diagram I posted up is therefore correct. I will add a note when I fix the PSU diagram in the write-up.

R4 - this is a 33 Ohm wire wound resistor and is part of the Zobel network (there are 6 of these on the board). That should be fitted. Can you check that designation again, or post up a photograph of the board?