Sure Electronics AA-AB32313 2x400

I started looking at building a 3 ch amp for my home theater setup to replace a 20 + year old NAD 906.

Stumbled across this thread, and read it over the weekend.
Seems promising. I already have an chassis I can gut to put this in, will probably use the meanwell switchers and see how that sounds.

At today's Parts Express prices, its cheaper to build use a stereo and a mono board vs three mono boards.

I bought and modded a tp3116 board a long time ago, still remember some Class D stuff from that project.

Seems like no one has considered the output inductors vs speaker impedance. For a class D amp, the output circuit has to match the speakers you use.
Seems like the 32313 and 31511(mono) are designed for 3-4 ohm speakers.
Looking at the ST516B and BE datasheets, you would need two 22 uh inductors per channel for 8 ohm speakers, vs two 12uh inductors for 4 ohm

If I pursue this, I'll be looking for 22uh inductors since my speakers are 8 ohms.

Randy

Hi.

Impressive system. I like it. I will dwelve into your description later.

Most class d board, other than some ice, are designed for 3_4 ohms. Some sure go up to six , but they are the exception. The reason for that is mostly to get more efficient response and use smaller supply. But you have 8 ohsm.

Yes, the filter will not be optimtimal, and max rated power ( and who cares about 400 watts at 10 per distortion) will get halved. It's either you accept it or mod the boards

It you decide to play with inductor, the 3255 3251 is a better route as many people have done it and to gives you a great tool to calculate the filter. Many examples and discussions in the 3255 3251

I do not recommend mixing mono and stereo boards, even when they have similar rating and chipset, as the ohm load of the filter, gain and sensitivity is almost never the same. Two equal stereo may work Better. Linkwitz was adamant about using all amps with the same gain. That said, if the third channel is a sub, you can get away with it.

I started looking at building a 3 ch amp for my home theater setup to replace a 20 + year old NAD 906.

Stumbled across this thread, and read it over the weekend.
Seems promising. I already have an chassis I can gut to put this in, will probably use the meanwell switchers and see how that sounds.

At today's Parts Express prices, its cheaper to build use a stereo and a mono board vs three mono boards.

I bought and modded a tp3116 board a long time ago, still remember some Class D stuff from that project.

Seems like no one has considered the output inductors vs speaker impedance. For a class D amp, the output circuit has to match the speakers you use.
Seems like the 32313 and 31511(mono) are designed for 3-4 ohm speakers.
Looking at the ST516B and BE datasheets, you would need two 22 uh inductors per channel for 8 ohm speakers, vs two 12uh inductors for 4 ohm

If I pursue this, I'll be looking for 22uh inductors since my speakers are 8 ohms.

Randy

As their stock of Sure/Windom boards dwindl, PE does not appear to be restocking them. Check out Sure's website for all they have to offer.

And keep in mind when modding the board's output for speaker impedance, very few speakers have a flat impedance across their entire operating range.

I have Ascend Acoustic Sierra 1's for the three front speakers,
measurements here
Sierra-1 Bamboo Loudspeaker

I think it matters more what the speaker impedance is at high frequencies, and starting about 1khz, its 8 ohms or more.

Not using for a sub, I have a powered Rythmik sub that kicks in around 50 hz, so lows are handled.

I'll take a look at the 3155/51 amps, but the datasheet for the ST516 gives you the output filters for 4 and 8 ohms. Resistors are slightly different, but I'll probably leave those alone, and just change the inductor value. Shouldn't be that hard to do, you can see the inductors in the pics next to the heat sink.

When I was modding a 3116 it was a pretty common upgrade.

And I guess it makes sense to use the same amp for all 3 channels, not that much difference in cost, and then they will be identical. Maybe I'll also use the same PS, but will be way overkill for the single ch card.

Hello,

Anyone any ideea why my Wondom Sure board AB23251V120 (former AA-AB32313/ AA-AB32512) stopped working.
When powered up, no matter the voltage the clipping red led starts blinking (D3) and also another green led (D14) right near one rca input.

It does so no matter the setup, with input signal or no, with load (speakers) conneceted or no.

I have to mention it happened random. I had it around, not connected, and, one day when I decided to play it again it just started blinking, just like that.

Thank you

Last edited:
Wondom TAMP2400 MkII - GREMLIN buy with power supply

Hi!

I'd like buy a Wondom TAMP2400 MkII - GREMLIN amplifier from Boomaudio! (Germany). The company distributes a power supply (LRS-350-36) too. My question is: Is this SMPS recommended? It is as good as the power supply recommended in the German diy hi-fi forum (Meanwell HLG-320H-36A)? For the price of Meanwell HLG-320H-36A, I could already make a linear power supply with similar power.

Thanks for help!

Last edited:
In my opinion you will not have any difference, the 2 are of quality and sufficiently powerful. I believe that on the German forum, the member who spoke about it is that he had this model in hand. It's more a matter of form factor and that it's easier to use outside of an enclosure.