• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Support for Botic Linux driver

Corrected text and added thoughts:
I've thought a bit about the test sound with 8 channels. Channel 0 is playing for the left channel (see post 1892), and channel 4, which is oddly named "center channel".
So, if alsamixer is right, then there is something mixed up, as I should hear just the right channel, when the other than "left" is played.
And, that I can hear both speakers when the test sound for the "center channel" os played is logical and right.
So for me it seems that "right channel" and "center channel" got somehow mixed up. (In Botic5 without hardware volume control it worked.)

After much hair pulling and phone calls, I for the life of me I cannot get a nas mount working at all.
does anyone have a nas/nfs/cifs instruction set for complete idiots? for the beginning to end idiot, where i can even check to see if the bbb can see the network share? i have had the share working with and Alix/mpdpup config but want to move over to the bbb, have searched this forum as best I can and not found anything that works.
I am using a WD MyCloud or an iOmega network drive, cannot see either of them, both are visible on the network and accessible in ip address, media sharing on, no passwords or security.....and yes, they and the bbb are turned on......
Please help nicely, I want to learn to be able to help others, but this is driving me nuts.....

Thanks,

Drew.

GNU nano 2.2.6 File: /etc/fstab Modified

# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
# Auto generated by RootStock-NG: setup_sdcard.sh
#
/dev/mmcblk0p2 / ext4 noatime,errors=remount-ro 0 1
/dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot/uboot auto noatime,errors=remount-ro 0 2
debugfs /sys/kernel/debug debugfs defaults 0 0
# networked file system (nfs)
192.168.99.18:Music/Redone Music/ /data/remote nfs soft

Am I putting this in the wrong spot/format? As per the doc at bbb.ieero.com

1b) mount remote storage into /data directory

For example:

# Create destination directory
mkdir /data/remote

# Edit /etc/fstab and add entry for the remote storage
nano /etc/fstab

... add there line/s ...

# windows share directory (cifs)
//IP_ADDRESS_OR_HOSTNAME/REMOTE_DIRECTORY /data/remote cifs user=USER_NAME,pass=PASSWORD,cache=none,gid=audio

# networket file system (nfs)
IP_ADDRESS_OR_HOSTNAME:REMOTE_DIRECTORY /data/remote nfs soft

2) refresh MPD database

I can cd /data/remote and it exists......

Thanks in advance.

Drew

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Can Roon Bridge be installed on Botic?
As with any Linux binary installation, you need to check for binary compatibility. According to this webpage -
https://kb.roonlabs.com/LinuxInstall
Roon Bridge for Linux runs on x86_64 and armv7hf platforms.
The Beaglebone Black is armv7hf compatible, and so is the Botic operating system. Thus the linuxarmv7hf installer should work ... in theory. But you would need to go ahead and try it to know for sure.
Hopefully the installer will see Botic's ALSA version as compatible, if not, you should probably abort the installation at that point, since you don't want the installer to download and overwrite another version of ALSA.

I've tried it back in July and it works, but it's stuttering after a while. I suppose the CPU is not powerful enough for Roon. Since I also have RPi2, RPi3 and Odroid C2 (for which I used a hybrid 32 bit distro in order to "cheat" Roon) I decided I don't have the time to fight the uphill battle of optimizing Linux resources - this is not really my forte.
I use DAM1021, so the RPi I2S deficiencies do not affect me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trying to install Roon Bridge on Botic

I am stuck. Any help would be appreciated.
I used the script provided by Roonlabs per instructions at Roon Knowledge Base - LinuxInstall

Thanks much

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 2.13.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 2.13.32 PM.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 191
I am stuck. Any help would be appreciated.
I used the script provided by Roonlabs per instructions at Roon Knowledge Base - LinuxInstall

Thanks much

My (highly uneducated) guess would be that lbzip2 isn't installed in the botic distribution.

Try "apt-get install lbzip2", then install Roon again.

Either that, or the installer is looking for a file in a different folder to where it is, or doesn't have the appropriate permissions to access the file (neither of which I have any suggestions to help with.)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Spirit02,
Tried several times to install lbzip2. No way would that install but after some googling I found that it was related to bzip2. I was able to install bzip2 and that worked. The script completed and signaled success!

Not there yet though. It won't show up as a Roon endpoint so there is more work to do.

It won't show up as a Roon endpoint
It's feasible that the Roonbridge service failed to launch at bootup.
I think the installer should add a file to /etc/init.d called "RoonBridge". At bootup this should then launch the main RoonBridge executable in /opt/RoonBridge/Bridge/
You could try to launch the RoonBridge application manually, as such -
Code:
sudo /etc/init.d/RoonBridge start
If you see an error message, this may help to diagnose. I have a suspicion that the mpd application may take exclusive access to the BBB's I2S audio outputs. If so, that's easily fixed.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
I have a suspicion that the mpd application may take exclusive access to the BBB's I2S audio outputs. If so, that's easily fixed.

In my experience, any signal that outputs correctly to ALSA can proceed to the Cronus I2S outputs. In my BBB/botic system, running MPD without playing through it has never blocked other signal sources (like Squeezelite or SoX). But it is easy to manage startup behavior of Linux processes via the program 'chkconfig'. Here is a brief primer:

http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2011/06/chkconfig-examples/

Hopefully almost there...

F.

I found the answer on the Roon forum. Something called glibc needs to be upgraded. Skybridge posted a link to a script that will do that. I now have it working as a Roon endpoint. It worked flawlessly all day yesterday so I'm keeping fingers crossed.

So, essentially to install Roon Bridge on Botic;
(1) To run the easy installation script from Roon, you need to install curl and bzip2.
(2) Upgrade glibc. See post by Skywalker. https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roonbridge-on-beaglebone-black-solved/9657/4

No Sound

Help! I got my BBB-Hermes-Cronus all set-up, using teleporter to my B3se. Loaded Debian on my BBB, Loaded Botic v4, flashed it to emmc, update to V5. Everything seems to be working so far. Manually mapped my source(my nas), editing fstab did not work. Got ympd to work, update the library and its working. However, when I connect the cable from the setup to my B3se, I get NO sound, totally blank. I checked and tested my hardware connection, by using a known source and its fine. My software setup is still missing something. Can somebody please help? What am I doing wrong.

Hi,
I would like to install the newest squeezelite player software. So I downloaded 'squeezelite-1.8.5-809-armv6hf.tar.gz' binary from sourceforge.net.
Unfortunately when I am trying to run squeezelite I receive:
Code:
squeezelite: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by squeezelite)
How to update glibc to 2.15 or higher?
Currently on my Linux botic 4.5.0-botic7-rc1 (wheezy) I have glibc 2.13:
Code:
root@botic:~# /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6
GNU C Library (Debian EGLIBC 2.13-38+deb7u11) stable release version 2.13, by Ro                                             land McGrath et al.
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 4.6.3.
Compiled on a Linux 3.2.78 system on 2016-05-29.
Available extensions:
        crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
        GNU Libidn by Simon Josefsson
        Native POSIX Threads Library by Ulrich Drepper et al
        Support for some architectures added on, not maintained in glibc core.
        BIND-8.2.3-T5B
libc ABIs: UNIQUE
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.debian.org/Bugs/>.