Supply chain broken?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A small order from Kishinev, Moldova.
Big bottles 6as7 - 6n13s did well on ship time. No delay in Flushing NY.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20200307_0001 (2).png
    wp_ss_20200307_0001 (2).png
    218.2 KB · Views: 160
I'm feeling like I'm getting a cold. I wouldn't normally go to the doctor if I got a cold because they can't do anything about it anyway. However now I'm thinking but what if it is corona virus. I have a duty to others not to spread it.

Here the advice is that if you suspect to have the corona virus absolutely DO NOT go to the doctor or hospital because that turns waiting rooms into transmission machines helping to spread as fast as possible.

We are supposed to ring an NHS number from home and let them come to you fully prepared.

Last night they had a guy on the news who was an epidemiological advisor to 2 or 3 US presidents and now works for a leading institute.
He said this is by far the scariest thing he has come across including Ebola, SARS1 and MERS and it will probably have the worst outcome since the Spanish Flu pandemic from 1918.

On the finance side of things I bought a bit of gold with a view to Brexit last year. Gained just over 30% in value since...

Reported illnesses have ranged from people with mild symptoms to people being severely ill and dying.
Symptoms can include:
Fever
Cough
Shortness of breath
Symptoms of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) - United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) [1]

I would think that unless you're experiencing "shortness of breath" (pneumonia) just stay at home. Most people have no problem and like Charles in the post above mine states going to the hospital "turns waiting rooms into transmission machines helping to spread as fast as possible."
I have to wonder if it's not ideal to be infected early...you'll go to the hospital and all the doctors and nurses (dressed in HASMAT suits) rush you to your own private negative pressure room...before the doctors and nurses become infected themselves....before there's huge lineups...before they start to refuse patients because there's no more room for an other COVID-19 patient....

Where do you get this stuff? A friend from Vancouver who we all know and love got colon cancer and immediately packed up his bags and went to Dallas Texas for treatment.

With absolute due respect, Cancer is a special kind of illness which tends to make sufferers very anxious (for good reason) and ready to use or test *anything* , scientifically proven or not.

Patients will often go anywhere for treatment , as long as it offers some hope.

So your example may have chosen that particular Clinic because of proven high quality Medical treatment (which was most probably the case), or simply because they offered what he perceived he needed, which overrides any cost consideration.

As of "traveling South for treatment", let´s go one step further, Mexico *bristles* with Cancer treatment Clinics, some of which have "emigrated" from USA, go figure, which are flooded by US patients.

Again, all with due respect, and hoping your Friend got well.

I'm feeling like I'm getting a cold. I wouldn't normally go to the doctor if I got a cold because they can't do anything about it anyway. However now I'm thinking but what if it is corona virus. I have a duty to others not to spread it.

But I don't know if I go to the doctor if he can test me (I don't have a fever which is apparently the first symptom) I also don't know if going to the doctor is a risk because there may be people who do have corona virus there. If I don't have it, but already have some other sort of infection, then catch corona virus, I'm putting myself at risk.

There is no economic consideration here. But If I've just got a cold then I shouldn't be burdening the system and risking exposing myself (and also my family) to potential source of corona virus.

So without a fever I assume I should just regard it as a normal cold. If I do get a fever I should go get it checked. either way I should try and avoid contact with anyone else.

Tony.
Besides "cold symptoms" you must weigh circumstance a lot.
Have you travelled to one of the "danger" Countries?
Did a close contact relative/friend/coworker in the last 15 or 20 days?
Did you buy/watch a movie/travel in a luxury cruise ship/work/study/train at a place where a confirmed (or highly suspect) Coronavirus case was found?

As highly contagious and treacherously hidden Coronabirus is, it does not have spontaneous generation, you must catch it from "somebody".

I think Australia has not yet gotten to the "community spread" stage, where enough people around are infected that you can catch it "anywhere" ... as happens with Cold or Flu.

As an example, we Argentines have a Base in Antarctica.
You can imagine the weather conditions (although ice and snow are melting all around them) but NOBODY, ever, catches a Cold or the Flu.

Only healthy people is flown there, since they stay for 1 year shifts (appendicitis operations are required before travelling, just in case, same as perfect teeth) and "there´s nobody to catch the virus from" :eek:

Besides "cold symptoms" you must weigh circumstance a lot.
Have you travelled to one of the "danger" Countries?
Did a close contact relative/friend/coworker in the last 15 or 20 days?
Did you buy/watch a movie/travel in a luxury cruise ship/work/study/train at a place where a confirmed (or highly suspect) Coronavirus case was found?

As highly contagious and treacherously hidden Coronabirus is, it does not have spontaneous generation, you must catch it from "somebody".

I think Australia has not yet gotten to the "community spread" stage, where enough people around are infected that you can catch it "anywhere" ... as happens with Cold or Flu.

As an example, we Argentines have a Base in Antarctica.
You can imagine the weather conditions (although ice and snow are melting all around them) but NOBODY, ever, catches a Cold or the Flu.

Only healthy people is flown there, since they stay for 1 year shifts (appendicitis operations are required before travelling, just in case, same as perfect teeth) and "there´s nobody to catch the virus from" :eek:

Here's part of an article from the New York Times.

As of noon on Friday, fewer than 100 people had been tested for the coronavirus in New York City over the past month, according to the city’s Department of Health, even as concerns grew that the virus was circulating largely undetected.
State officials said on Friday that so far 44 people in the state had tested positive for the illness — the majority in New Rochelle, just north of New York City. Officials conceded there were likely far more.
“I think it’s fair to say we have no idea how many New Yorkers have been infected with this virus without knowing it,” a New York City councilman, Mark Levine, who heads the City Council’s Health Committee, said.

I'm not sure how much testing is going on in Australia but I'd imagine what's going on in NY is probably not much different than anywhere else...

This chart demonstrates the advantages of being prepared.

S. Korea was very prepared owing to the severity of the MERS outbreak in 2015. Italy should have an inflection point in a week to 10 days. The more people you test, the more quickly you identify hot spots. Data assembled by Bloomberg:

Attachments

• DailyNewCasesChangePC.png
    DailyNewCasesChangePC.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 146
Did you watch it? He was quite clear and precise in his logic.

I also watched it. I thought it was informative and useful. I'm grateful it was posted here.

Here's a video you might find interesting and informative.
"Update on COVID-19 outbreak with Professor Neil Ferguson and Professor Christl Donnelly"
YouTube
Your questions answered - an update (28-02-2020): Professor Neil Ferguson and Professor Christl Donnelly on the current status of the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, non-pharmaceutical interventions and estimates of un-detected cases.

Read all reports including estimates of epidemic size, transmissibility, severity, phylogenetics and undetected cases here: MRC Centre for Global Infectious Disease Analysis | Faculty of Medicine | Imperial College London.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.