Super Regulator, collecting the facts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One more interesting circuit.
Connect power of OpAmp to output positive and negative line of reg.

Attachments

• power5.jpg
    power5.jpg
    673.2 KB · Views: 1,076
For example, simulate our Russian circuit and Jung super reg circuit in LTSpice or other simulate program and see result of simulation.

Every time I simulate it, it oscillates. I'd like to see a Bode plot from 10Hz to 10MHz. Consider some R between the collector of Q6 and ground (this has been mentioned before.)

With respect to PA's comment -- the faster the opamp, the lower the output impedance of the circuit.

..Though there's no use using a faster/slicker/more-fashionable opamp if you cannot stabilise the whole and keep it that way into the real-world load it drives (over the full range of expected load currents)...

Agreed, we found that the AD825 sounded really nice in the "Improved" Jung regulator. Most of the time I've used the AD797AN in the "Original" (1995) regulator without problems, but sometimes it can get finicky. LME49710 sounded well and tested well.

Hi Guys just read the article in linear audio about the different regulators.

Is there any way to get my hands on a PCB for the Jung/Didden regulator or evt. the Sjöstrom regulator. Preferably the first one. I'm looking for a +/- PSU of my audio path opamps. I was aming at the best avail. Any tip or link would be much appriciated.

TIA,

Peter.

Looks fantastic - many thanks Jan!

I hope they are available somewhere before too long - or even kits. I could use a few of these.

It would not be hard to score the boards between the two halves and just snap off a single reg - similar to how some of the salas reg boards are distributed.

bk

You have it in the schematics and in the complete BOM. The transistors have SOT23/TO92 footprints. See Q5 in the picture.
I've just finished the SSR1 & SSR2 with LM329 & LT1028, just running fine and having an auditable difference to the one I had. Well, it's almost no comparison against the 7815 & 7915. Based upon the review in Linear Audio. No measurements but sound stage improved & klinical sound (almost aggressive highs) is gone .... I think ....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.