Subwoofer Amp Help Needed! Original ProMedia 2.1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
maxresdefault.jpg

For resistor leads through PCB and pads.

Last edited:
Sounds GREAT! ....... On paper!

The pictured rivets/eyelets are brass and not copper. Copper is better and softer.

Second... The OD of the head needs to be 3 to 4 mm at the most to fit the tight footprint on the PCB.

Third.... How does one crimp the other end to appropriate tightness without damaging the PCB and/or components around it? I never set an eyelet before!

Have you ever done this? Can you read what they're saying?

If this is really do-able with a really high level of success, I'd be very much in favor of going this route!!!

Then how to find the right sized rivets/eyelets and tools to get it done right!

OldDIY is the truth! Brilliant actually!

There are punches that are designed to set the eyelets (press style or hammer). It rolls the edge out clamping it tight to the board. FR4 boards are made of really tough epoxy. It's not nearly as fragile as everyone thinks.

Spaenaur here in Canada sell the eyelets. Likely McMaster Carr sells them on your side of the boarder. https://spaenaur.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Eyelets-Tools-M32-M33.pdf

They seem to offer brass and aluminum and too big. Should I use brass or look for copper? Peening it real tight to the board will prevent breaking the solder to the traces. Hopefully even with sub woofer vibrations!

There are punches that are designed to set the eyelets (press style or hammer). It rolls the edge out clamping it tight to the board. FR4 boards are made of really tough epoxy. It's not nearly as fragile as everyone thinks.

Spaenaur here in Canada sell the eyelets. Likely McMaster Carr sells them on your side of the boarder. https://spaenaur.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Eyelets-Tools-M32-M33.pdf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.