Stan Curtis 60W Class A

Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hello Tibouchina ... thanks for the link

I have had this amp on the back burner for some time .. now I have listened to one and regardless of how much I have tried to purchase the example .. the chap will never sell it, also never see them for sale .. hence the build.

Pcb's are going for manufacture, transformers will be from Canterbury winding's . heatsinks .. have those

so will update more later on my progress

all the best

I read and re-read those ETI articles.
But the price of the Braithwaite kits at that time were way beyond my means, thus only a dream.

The preamps are basically discrete opamps and I did cobble a couple of them together, but decided that IC opamps were far easier. How times change.

Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
This is what I am making ...

I was lucky to find a original magazine new still in shop protective wrapping

Attachments

• IMG_0244.jpg
    IMG_0244.jpg
    548.9 KB · Views: 817
Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Amazing! .... You really are going to build this monster.

Have you purchased the Douk chassis yet? Would be interested to hear about what you think of the Douk quality.

Hello .. I have not 100% decided yet on the case to be used, I thought what I would do 1st is make a working open bench version to make sure every thing worked as per design .. then I would commit to a pair of cases

so this 1st build will be a open chassis version to learn about the amplifier and make sure no issues with the construction. Then I would look for a appropriate case .. many thanks for the interest :)