Spooky and Hellraiser SMD 60W amps (wolverine compatible IPS)

yes , and the hh ips can run the ef3. surprised you know of it .... it ran English vfet ops's. cool.
btw ,did you know you can run floppy cable connectors from ips/ops , put the ips anywhere in the case ??
I have bigger heatsinks than you , but i'm mounting my power supply boards+OPS on the heatsinks , ips
will be at the rear( next to the input jacks). PASS amps do this (flat cables).
OS

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
hi
if anyone is interested i have 4 or 6 boards to resell (depending on how many will use myself) at cost of manufacturing + shipping+taxes.

arcwelder mini is HASL finish and 2oz copper; Spookyamp IPS is 1oz copper and ENIG finish
EU preffered

pls PM me if interested

Attachments

• arc mini.jpg
    arc mini.jpg
    642.2 KB · Views: 180
  • spooky.jpg
    spooky.jpg
    476.5 KB · Views: 192
Make sure you crossover J1 and J2 , even on those "mini" boards. Those still have that embarrassing small error. Current V1.2 does not.
Since the spooks and hellraisers are relatively complicated , they should be spot on , I stared ,probed ,and triple checked them many times.
They will be a delight to hear (that Hawksford cascode). I VERY curious to see the nanovolt predicted offset on either the spook or hellraiser.
It should set a new standard for class AB servo'ed amps.
OS

Reactions: 1 user
I have a questions regarding Hellraiser PCB and BOM.
There are discrepancies between BOM and Schematic, see picture, resistors in red are those that different from BOM. Should I follow BOM or schematic? (BOM itself is not complete.)

Another thing is I think there is a silkscreen error on q4 and q5. Pin 1 of HN1B01F should be rotates. See picture below.

Attachments

• IMG_2954.jpeg
    IMG_2954.jpeg
    357.4 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2952.jpeg
    IMG_2952.jpeg
    414.7 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2955.jpeg
    IMG_2955.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: 1 users
Another thing is I think there is a silkscreen error on q4 and q5. Pin 1 of HN1B01F should be rotates. See picture below.
Not bad , just flipped around. But it's still an error.

39R/1K (28.5X) determines the global gain of the amp , 33R/820R would be 26X.
R6/R8/R9 determine how hard the servo works to zero the offset. My sim uses 6.8K for all. Red LED Vf is more sensitive to voltage changes
at <1.5mA. This is better , since we are leveraging this to make the CCS's voltage controlled.
Circuit should work even with even far different values , these discrepancies just "tweak" it for perfection.

If these are built .... the SMD toshiba's might need "tweaking" ,as I use BCxxx for models...
OS

Reactions: 2 users