Spooky and Hellraiser SMD 60W amps (wolverine compatible IPS)

Can you post the build files you are using? I think the jumper wire connections are wrong on the one I'm looking at, but it doesn't match the boards you have. This might be what Wowan was referring to.

You can verify this with your ohm meter. The emitter of Q107 should connect to R114 and R115. The emitter of Q108 should connect to R116 and R117.

Reactions: 1 user
I can see that now, j1 and j2 are wrong ( there is no jumper in scheamatic). I need to cross it. The picture show wrong connection.
My pcb is an early version I did not aware of this issue.
IMG_2876.jpeg

Yes... I notice you are using .33R/5W , that should be even more stable thermally. It looks like you could not find SMD trimmers, either.
I'm glad it "sings"...
PS - BTW , the Infidel is a Wolverine (with a cascode and led biasing). Unlike the Wolverine , the led's actually do something and this VAS
soft clips on overload. Simpler , as well. Should come close ... (3-5PPM).
OS

Here is my build, OPS is mini ef3 version 1.1. Schematic value except re=0E33 and output vbe is ksc2690. There is one issue with this board, you must cross between j1 and j2 see picture below.

IPS is infidel v1.0 all value follow schematic with one issue on silkscreen, at r21 use 22k and at r22 use 820E, see picture below.

Offset is rock-solid stay at almost 0mv. I have a bit of problem with mje340 as an output vbe, bias jump up sometime, change to ksc2690 solved that.
VAS current is set by dial r14. I have v=1.2v across r14//r15. I set r14 so that r14//r15 is around 320E.

SMD trimmer is expensive compare to chinese made trimmer, it’s on ips so you can easily change it later.
IMG_2878.jpeg

IMG_2879.jpeg