Sound Quality Vs. Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was fined €405 for doing 45 above the 100km/hr limit.
I receive 200 OzzyD speed violation tickets a month average, though my g/f scores more points lately.

$450 is for up to 37km above the speed limit, 12 AUD/km, roughly the same as over here.
Which is cold hard evidence : it's a GD international conspiracy !
Here in West Aus, 45k over the limit and and your car gets impounded for 28 days.
We also run a points demerit system..ie according to magnitude over the limit you get fined AND accumulate demerit points which clear 3 years after the offence.
Accumulate 12 points and you are walking for three months.

Dan.

No insults intended and like ourselves Miss Midler is a bit out of date herself.
In about 1960 the Americans ( USAF ) moved into some RAF houses. The guys opposite to my house had a fridge larger than any I have seen, I think it had the drinks thing.The Coke Cola tasted different. Watching Laurel and Hardy films 1938 was the high point for them also. In one they trashed a house. Turns out in real life it was the wrong house! The kitchen would put nearly all to shame even now.

Both NZ and North West Spain are said to have near perfect climates. In that part of Spain it is said any plant from any part of the world can grow including Alpines. Max imun temperature is 25 C and minimum about 8 C if near the sea. The Brits love the place. Auckland about the same. Southern Spain is very hot considering it is well above the tropic. It can be > 45 C. Galicia more like our Cornwall.

Galicia (Spain) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The climate of the world is complex. New Zealand is almost UK's twin. Climate more like central France. Iceland just about has struggled over 1000 years to prove life is possible there, 1300's perhaps more pleasent. There exists it's close cousin in the Antarctic that is seldom mentioned. Given climate change I suspect it might be a more viable place in the next 20 years. Southern Chile is about in the same place as the UK south of the Equator. It is more like Iceland. We and even Svalbard are warmed by the Gulf Stream ( ? ). Should any more ice melt the GS might stop and the UK would be a much colder place. The irony being Spain might be hotter ( 50 C ). North West Spain looks a good bet whatever happens. Scotland could in 10 years form now start to resemble Iceland. It is thought it could be that fast. England more like the Falklands Islands. The divide about Lyon in France. Below that things get warmer. Serbia would be perhaps as now but different rainfall. Kerguelen Island is about as south as my house is north!

Kerguelen Islands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgvrvuumgGw
50th parallel north - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
50th parallel south - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

More NZ facts.

The Iceland like French Antartic lands are situated about at the same level as Beauvais near Paris if the North. This also relates to the lowest tip of NZ in the South. The NZ North island ranging from the position of Sardinia ( and Serbia ) to Cypus when North. Cyprus being more like Austrailia in summer. More interestingly Auckland sea temperature is about 17 C average and Cornwall 10 C. Why the UK isn't like the Falklands is hard to understand as that 10 degrees is the best it gets. Ireland lags the UK by about 8 C in peak land temperature often. I guess being nearer the mainland Europe helps us ? French island St Paul sits on the line that divides Korea if the North. St Pauls climate like that of the North Scotish islands that have the Gulf Stream. The sea accounts for much of this. My guess is NZ requires sun protection even on a cool day as it is more dircetly in the sun than us? The climate of NZ is very like Madeira in all ways. Madeira being cooler than it's 33 degrees N location suggests. Sea temperatues included. The Canaries not far away a completely different story.

The French Antarctic lands have what I would call reverse Gulf Stream. That is they get all the Antarctic can throw at them. By South Africa the warm waters start to dominate. If you study this on YouTube you might see Nazi secrect Antartic bases and the Nazi/ US Navy sea battles in 1947. These people have so little imagination when telling these silly stories. The US lost if asking ? If it is of any interest the place it might have been was due South of the French islands. Simple point. If so the French islands would have been used.

Ironic fact. The French exploration of the islands was called off due to Scurvy when claimed for France. The cabbage on St Paul is very rich in vitimin C. It polonates on the wind. This makes it unique, the usual insects can not cope with the roaring 40's winds. The reason we Briits are called after the Lime is it was the only citrus fruit we could get easilly as the sources of others were in French or Spainish hands. Our empire built on knowing this fact.

French Colonies - Saint-Paul & Amsterdam Islands, Part 3

Last edited:
Regarding climate: They (not sure who actually) compile a more or less official list of quality of life globally, taking into account everything from climate to corruption levels, job prospects, rule of law etc.
In the end the overall winner is traditionally between Norway and Australia but in the climate section alone Zimbabwe rules. (Never less than 6.5 hours of sunshine per day, highest temp 32C, lowest 13C on average.)
Just a shame that they fail miserably in every other category.

NZ looks as good as it gets. The winning arguement is sea temperature. I dare say Zimbabwe would win many hearts given it had a revival. People who had to leave loved it.

Northan Spain is rather good as it is close to nearly anywhere in Europe. Southern Spain being a favourite. Portugal. Canaries. France, Italy, UK. I have known Southern Spain February daytime tempertures to nudge over 28 C in Malaga. They drop to about 16 C after dark.

Air fares from NZ to Australia seem expensive. Am I right ?

Sure, why not.

People are from all over the world on here. It beats the hell out of having the same views repeated endlessly by the same suspects :spin:

You can change the subject if you want to, how about alcohol? are you partial? :drink:

Only insofar that I don't really use it. I do have an occasional glass of Cointreau (fine French orange brandy) or sherry, but that's about it. And a cold beer on a hot summer day.

I do plan to stray from the path late this august, when I plan to have at least two pints of cider with Nige, we're two nutters of a kind. Wish I could do the same with Frank and Dan, but they're kinda further away.

A cold beer on a hot summer day, i had that dream the other night.

I could have left a dram out in the snow that was tipping down earlier but it's just not the same.

I am partial to a glass of malt whiskey on occasion but after a couple it could easily be changed to 1000 pipers or other such blended pish and i probably wouldn't notice.

Never tried cointreau and sherry is too sweet for my heathen taste buds ;)

Air fares from NZ to Australia seem expensive. Am I right ?
Nope. People jump across the "ditch" all the time - standard fares might seem high, but there are always cheap alternatives. There has been ongoing, sibling rivalry, friendly tit for tatting between us, since our countries started - as far as we're concerned, NZ is just the naughty boys' corner ... ;)

@ Dejan: Thanks for the thought - I enjoy investigating new alcoholic beverages, but don't drink for the sake of it - it's an accompaniment to food, or an interesting taste sensation. As an example, tried some Japanese whiskey recently - veeerry smooth, impressive!

Only insofar that I don't really use it. I do have an occasional glass of Cointreau (fine French orange brandy) or sherry, but that's about it. And a cold beer on a hot summer day.

Beer isn't alcohol, it's basic foodstuff.

Look at the ingredients: Essentially liquid bread.
There is even an equivalent to toast&jam: Berliner Weisse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you chase an espresso with that you have a continental breakfast you can drink!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.