Sony TTS 8000 (All in Discussion)

I am happy to absorb the cost and request payment when I have them ready to be packaged for shipping.

With the Brass Donut Jamie has produced the centre hole can be packed with a wadding and absorb any oil escape from the Thrust Pad / Sump Plug, but I am feeling confident this is no longer a concern for Jamie's with his TTS.

The Donut is to serve as point to anchor a Bracing and will also serve as an additional function and enable the New Rubber Part to receive added compression without risking deforming the pressing shape at the bowls base, as the Donut is spreading the force and not point loading the Bowl.
The retaining screw could be bedded into a Gasket Seal Compound inside the Donuts drilled hole and a ring seal used between the Brass Donut and Bowl where the retaining screw passes through.
This should help keep any oil leeching through the side wall contained within the Bowl or at the worst outcome, offer a resistance and minimise a flow of a leech if oil is able to escape from base of the bowl.

It is looking very good at present and much is being achieved, and dare it be said, a satisfactory method in the not too distant is looking most likely to appear.

With the information from Jamie about the good news that the internal resistance created by the New Part to be used as a exchange part for the original Square Walled Washer and function as Side Wall design within the Sump having offered a resistance to Oil Pressure Build Up and allowed a
Lubrication Fill to escape as an overspill of Oil from the Top of the Bearing Housing, which is the much preferred outcome, rather than the oil lubrication escaping through the Side Wall at the Base and collecting within the Bowl outside of the inner bearing shaft.

I am wondering if Jamie can comment on two items that are off interest to myself.
Is there any noticeable decrease in noise, 'mechanical artefact' since the last experience of using the Bearing Assembly with New Parts and it being lubricated ?

If it is thought there is any merit in the idea of using a Felt Cap above the Top Bush, with the intention being, the Felt Cap will function as a Cap/Dam and assist with retaining an added lubrication ?

In my recent posted image, of the earliest ideas and a few recent ideas for the internal of the Bearing Housing, the Felt Pad idea is looking reasonably easy to achieve as the existing White Plastic Sleeve within the Housing can be reduced in length by a few mm's and enable the Top Bush to be slightly recessed within the housing when seated, the recessed Bush created the Space to place the Felt Cap.
For those who are not familiar with the White Plastic Sleeve, it has an ID that is noticeably wider than the 11mm Spindle Diameter, so it is looking most likely that it does not serve as a interface to the Spindle, and was never intended to produce a Hydrodynamic Interface for a Lubrication.
The White Plastic Part is more than likely a spacer that is in place to separate the Bush Parts during the assembly of the bearing, and possibly to prevent a downwards creep of the Top Bush.

Any comments on the recent posted image for the method to produce a
Oil Fill/Air Bleed Out Route on the Bushes and White Sleeve will be of interest to myself, but I do see these as additional luxuries and requiring an added level of skill and access to correct tools to produce.

hi john,
good news and bad im afraid.
bad news is both washer thickness failed after roughly 3 hrs use. im currently trying the middle size one now with some sealant on it. not ideal i know.
i cant comment on what it sounds like yet as its not in a plinth. if i can get it to hold back the oil i will put it in my tb1000 plinth.

I Jamie, it is all good news to my way of thinking.
A method has been discovered that is capable of retaining Oil, the solution to hold the lubricant in the Shaft Permanently is nearer.

As there has been a increase in the Oil Pressure within the Bearing Shaft,
I am keen to inquire about a few thing you may have observed

Has the Oil the Sump Plug retained the Oil within the Shaft ?

Has the escaped Oil remained within the Bowl, or leeched through the Housing and Donut retaining screw holes ?

Has the entirety of the New Side Wall allowed the Leech to take place ?

Are there now Four Metal surfaces in contact with the New Seals, Bearing Housing Base > Seal > Brass Machined Washer > Seal > Pressed Bowl Base ?

Is it most likely that one of these interfaces is the one that has allowed a Leech or are they all potentially failing ?

the nylon sump plug is holding with no leaks.the oil has remained in the bowl but breached the new seal,where is hard to say.
i think the sealant is doing its job as i checked earlier and i still had the same level of oil in the bearing tube as before.
i have ordered some more viton rubber sheet,this time is 2mm thick so i will have another bash next weekend. i do feel we are close to a result though.

well the sealant gave upt too lol
tonight's 'will it or won't it' is the original seal with a new 1.5mm one on top.

wRRKtsM.jpg

Oh that's good news indeed. I was actually wondering why you used a metal ring and two 0 rings, as it is just 2 more surfaces which could be leaking.
Do you have a source for those 4mm buggers or is it Diy?
And now the interesting part begins: how does it sound?:p

Jamie, A Great Discovery and a 'High Five' to you, the feeling must be very positive,
I hope managed to hold back from running down the Road shouting out 'Eureka' .

I am assuming an Oil Fill Shaft as the selected Method for the first replay trials ?

Looking at the Images it is seeming this is the Original Parts Bearing, with the Metal Bush and White Plastic Sump Plug ?

Oh that's good news indeed. I was actually wondering why you used a metal ring and two 0 rings, as it is just 2 more surfaces which could be leaking.
Do you have a source for those 4mm buggers or is it Diy?
And now the interesting part begins: how does it sound?:p

yes looking back it seems a strange path to take,often the simplest method is the best.
regarding the o-ring im sure you can purchase one in germany.it's just an ordinary one.

Jamie, A Great Discovery and a 'High Five' to you, the feeling must be very positive,
I hope managed to hold back from running down the Road shouting out 'Eureka' .

I am assuming an Oil Fill Shaft as the selected Method for the first replay trials ?

Looking at the Images it is seeming this is the Original Parts Bearing, with the Metal Bush and White Plastic Sump Plug ?

yes john i managed to contain myself :)
yep this is the original standard one im using as a test bed,i plan to fill her right up with oil and directly compare it to the torlon bushed one.

Hi Jamie, go for lots of Vinyl replays and forget the other stuff for a while.
The Music is the most important part of this wonderful hobby.

Get your TT motor runnin'
Headshell Lowered onto the highway
Looking for some sounds
In whatever takes my fancy
Yeah, my New Bearings' gonna make it happen
Take the world on in Bearing Race
Fired up all of your good ideas at once
And found a way to keep the oil in the sacred space :cheers:

I don't think Steppenwolf will be too upset with my plagiarism