Sonido BIB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greets!

I currently don't have the luxury of time to follow many threads and the last time I checked in on this one it was about a Sonido BIB.........

Regardless, few published BLH designs I've seen are designed well enough to not need considerable damping in the filter chamber and/or in its initial expansion ( HF BW). Indeed, if I ever bother to experiment with BLHs again it will be as a horn loaded PR now that high Xmax units are available.

GM

Greets!

I currently don't have the luxury of time to follow many threads and the last time I checked in on this one it was about a Sonido BIB.........

Yeah, this is "slightly" off topic but I will allow that!:cool:

I take it that you mean passive radiator? Funny, I been thinking about it. For sure it would solve the output in the midrange.
Wonder how big it would have to be....

peterbrorsson

How is your sonido project moving?

I already listen to AION - sounds good. Any amount of wool im camera - killed midbass. Than I just put some felt on the walls of the camera: - behind the driver and on the wall opposite to the horn`s throught.

Result was: opened, "breathing" mids and fast, loud enough midbass. Highs are Ok also.

Pink Floyd`s bass guitars, drums are greate, the lowest sounds of double-bass are at the lower db level, but still playing.

I`m satisfied with result.

back loaded horns

are not my cup of tea. I can't stand the delay between the bass and the midrange.

May I suggest that you put these in a James OB and be done with it? No
use in getting an expensive woofer: use the eminence beta 15 if you have
a PP tube amp. Otherwise an alpha 15. ONe day and you are done - make them nice because
you will be listening for the rest of your life to these.

Need more bass: put a sheet of wool behind the bass driver.

series xover works great, no need for an impedance correction circuit. no need for expensive caps or inductors,
inexpensive polys across the woofer, and a $25 iron core inductor across the Sonida. I promise the quality of the
sound will not be degraded.

if you need help deal with me directly thru email

david sundby sundbyd2@gmail.com

if your travels take you to colorado ck. out my speakers.
i intend to try the sonida drivers as the fostex fe164 is like is no longer
avail. and it looks like they have a great substitute.

good luck.

Last edited:
Joined 2008
Paid Member
The Sonido horns by Peter are now at my place. I was actually surprised, how good they sound, not lacking any bass when placed with the backs close to the wall. I actually reached for subwoofer volume to turn it down, when I found out it was not connected at all:)

The Sonido horns by Peter are now at my place. I was actually surprised, how good they sound, not lacking any bass when placed with the backs close to the wall. I actually reached for subwoofer volume to turn it down, when I found out it was not connected at all:)

Good for you if it turned out well! I had too much of 100-120Hz peak in my room. It was not possible to bring it down with eq, a sign of room issues in combination of back loaded horn I suppose?...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.