Something to lighten the mood

Tänud!

I worked for half a year in Eesti and tried to pick up some words and phrases and say 'hello', 'thanks', 'good morning' and even count to kümme. A collegue who had been working at the same plant for several years hadn't learnt a single Estonian word.
I am hinting the close relationship between Finnish and Estonian languages.

WRONG! The collegue gotten the word kilekott (bag). He had to ask for a plastic bag in the shops as they were hidden so he couldn't point at them. One word ... BAG!!!!:unsure:
Stubb is also first president in 78 years who's native language is Swedish. Official languages of State of Finland are Finnish and Swedish (5%). Saame is also original, but not official.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Here is a good one from my neck of the woods;
So Ole and Lena are engaged to be married. As the day approaches, Ole has grown crabby and distracted. He is out milking the cow and gets a bit rough with with her. She responds by giving him a good kick, unfortunately hitting him in the groin. To his horror, he discovers he has quite a bruise and is also pretty sore.
He rushes into town to the Doctor. The doc looks him over. "Yep Ole you got quite a bruise there. Think we can fix you up in time for the wedding though." The doc gets a couple of tongue depressors out and fashions a splint. The wedding goes off nicely and the happy couple finds themselves at the motel six for their honeymoon. Lena always needing to make the first move with Ole unbuttons her blouse and says " No man has seen these before". Ole lights up like a blue led, drops his trousers and exclaims "look! Still in the crate!"

But salesmen today have a similar mindset. When I get cornered by a salesman now, they won't stop yammering at me no matter how many times I say NO NO NO NO NO NO. Does this tactic actually work? Who taught these young, rude people that this is OK?
I had one come to the door the other evening. Usually I just pretend we aren't home but my wife had just pulled into the garage so I figured he wouldn't go away too quickly. First, how rude is it to knock on the door 30 seconds after someone pulls into the garage after work? Second, as soon as I open the door he goes "You must be Mr....." WTF? Don't introduce me, introduce yourself. Am I supposed to be impressed that you know my name in the digital age?

Reactions: 1 user
temp.jpg