Something to lighten the mood

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
please-no-smoking-no-dogs-except-service-dogs-no-smoking-dogs.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Children are wonderful….(When there’re young).

Our two were always very good on long trips, my wife would keep them occupied with car games like “I spy”, (who would ever have guessed
“A stitch!”), and songs like “The wheels on the bus”….. Only once did we experience the shock of hose like milk vomiting after a six hour drive to the continent (the milk came out of our infant’s mouth as if a solid arching rod of white plastic, only to cover the drivers (my) seat (at least sixteen inches away) from headrest to squab. (Luckily we were only a couple of miles from our destination and we had plenty of towels and bin bags, and I was not in the seat at the time).

Laughter was a given, and the beauty of their innocence stays with me to this day. On one trip, seeing a road side sign saying “Blueberries for sale” Our youngest chimed up with “BLUEBERRIES! Can I have some blueberries? I LOVE blueberries, Please, oh please”. Confused I looked over to my wife, she looked back similarly. “Tom”, I said “Have you ever eaten blueberries?” “No”, he said, in that wonderfully honest simple child way, seemingly not making the connection. The whole car erupted with laughter, our faces aching for some time afterwards. We were able to turn the car and supply his desires, blue tongues were compared with glee and giggles as we drove on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Its "Eiscafe Villa Gina", have a nice retro furniture, looks like 19th century local. Just selling ice. They are on facebook. Its a pity they closed the thermal bath from the 80ies - it had a very nice architecture with warm colours. I liked the design a lot. They did not ask the people and just closed it down and it will be crushed down. Now we have to go to the Thermal Bath Herbstein. Its from end seventies, too. Everything inside is with wood(!) and it has some space age lamps in 60ies design they put on at night.
thermalbad bad salzhausen 3.jpg
thermalbad bad salzhausen2.jpg
thermalbad herbstein.jpg
thermalbad herbstein 2.jpg

At school I went to see the careers advisor, I said that I would like to work with animals, so he recommended that I apply at Cruella de' Vil's puppy adoption and sausage factory.

Oh, memories of long childhood car journeys, my sister, the dog and myself on the back seat, the blue sick bowl between us. When one started, it often had a domino effect.