Something to lighten the mood

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
2d.png

Reactions: 2 users
An old and tired-looking dog wandered into my yard. I examined the dog's collar and felt his well-fed belly and knew he had a home.

The dog follows me into the house, goes down the hall, jumps on the couch, gets comfortable and falls asleep. I'm thinking it's rather odd, but I let him sleep. After about an hour the dog wakes up, walks to the door and I let him out. The dog wags his tail and leaves.

The following day, the dog returns and scratches at the door. I open it, the dog enters, proceeds down the hallway and jumps onto the couch. It settles in, and once again drifts into a peaceful slumber. I allow the dog to rest. Approximately an hour later, the dog wakes, heads towards the door, and I let it out. With a wagging tail, he departs.

This goes on for days. I am growing really curious, so I pin a note on the dog's collar: "Your dog has been taking a nap at my house every day this week."

The next day the dog arrives with a different note pinned to his collar: "He lives in a home with four children - he's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?'

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Joined 2010
Paid Member
An old and tired-looking dog wandered into my yard. I examined the dog's collar and felt his well-fed belly and knew he had a home.

The dog follows me into the house, goes down the hall, jumps on the couch, gets comfortable and falls asleep. I'm thinking it's rather odd, but I let him sleep. After about an hour the dog wakes up, walks to the door and I let him out. The dog wags his tail and leaves.

My dog is not allowed on the couch, but he's got a bed on each wing of the house... and he's the only one that uses the ottoman facing the TV... he likes TV...

Attachments

• 20231231_191602.jpg
    20231231_191602.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 74
Joined 2010
Paid Member
As a college radio DJ, I obsessively collect music, mostly of the electronic flavor. I've pretty much lost count of the CDs I have lying about, and have made no attempt to organize them - naughty me...

My son was a DJ in college. Him and his buddy had their own 2 hour show, three times a week, around noon. They used to "broadcast" a stream on the University's web pages. So, I'd turn on the main rig and we'd listen.

One Sunday, it was his mom's birthday.... I reminded him... so at noon, him, his friend and whoever was around sang "happy birthday" to my wife and played the "Happy Birthday" song. After that he played some stuff my wife likes....

He made a point of giving me a heads up so my wife was around to hear it...

"Surprise!"

It was nice.

Reactions: 1 user
Some events and surpises in my life in the past 4 months..
  • youngest daughter leaves from home to start studies
  • got my driver's licence back after one year (epilepsy)
  • separated from my 2nd wife, bought the house
  • started dating an "old" girlfriend
  • lost my licence again (epilepsy attack)
  • "When I'm 64"
  • got second grandchild yesterday
  • went to our new concert hall opening concert yesterday, extra was Sibelius's Finlandia conducted by Okko Kamu. Enhanced acoustics from Meyer Sound, 1388 seats!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qbpNkeZeEdqqjDjN8

IMG-20240118-WA0007.jpg 20240118_175421.jpg

Reactions: 4 users