Something to lighten the mood

I remember the Chopper. That saddle was just about the most uncomfortable thing you could design if you tried

Attachments

• E6E6C2FD-ACAD-499E-9FC5-BA9C6619FB59.jpeg
    E6E6C2FD-ACAD-499E-9FC5-BA9C6619FB59.jpeg
    41.2 KB · Views: 166
P.S. I was fortunate enough to see ABBA perform at the Glasgow Apollo Theatre back in 1979. Great sound, highly professional and, oh, Agnetha! :hbeat:

I was a schoolboy in elementary school when ABBA first became popular, but that didn't stop me from having a crush on Anni-Frid. So stunningly beautiful, and what an absolutely incredible voice!

That voice is better showcased in her very first TV appearance than in any subsequent ABBA song. Listen for her incredible vocal range here (highest notes at around 6:00, near the very end of the song), as well as the sheer beauty of her voice; she starts singing at about 2:30 into the clip:
I've heard it on :)RIP: late) Anthony Bourdain show couple years ago that the issues surrounding ABBA is very sensitive in Sweden and most Swedes would rather not talk about it. Forum members from Sweden, is it true?

Been there, done that. As an 8 year old passenger riding on the back fender of my friend's bike, we hit a bump that dislodged my foot from the wheel nut and threw it into the spokes. The spokes sliced to the bone just below the attachment point for my Achilles tendon which stopped the wheel and we skidded to a stop.

Thirteen stitches later and a stern warning from the doctor about how I would've crippled myself for life had I sliced my tendon was definitely a life lesson.

Ouch!

The most damaging bicycle accident I can remember is when I went to take off fast, pressing on the crank with all my might - and the derailleur slipped the chain over the sprocket. Down I went hitting my head hard on the pavement. This was long before helmets were deemed necessary...

Ouch!

The most damaging bicycle accident I can remember is when I went to take off fast, pressing on the crank with all my might - and the derailleur slipped the chain over the sprocket. Down I went hitting my head hard on the pavement. This was long before helmets were deemed necessary...

Worst I had was a gal opening the driver side door and I slammed into it, flying into the street. Fortunately I was wearing a backpack and helmet so no serious damage. BUT, she came over and leaned over to help me up revealing a gorgeous set...something this old geezer will never forget. She offered to drive me home, but there was a kid in the back..

After a day of domestics, I am watching a show where different animals suddenly support or help each other. Perhaps I should have watched this sort of thing sooner. This is really cool.

The University of Chicago "Big Brains Podcast" -- had a gal on who studies rats. The podcast dealt with animal empathy.

What rats can teach us about empathy and racism: Big Brains podcast with Peggy Mason | University of Chicago News

Since I drive from NJ to OH every 10 days or so, I get a lot of podcasts in.

Last edited:
Ouch! The most damaging bicycle accident I can remember...

Oh, that wasn't my most damaging! We played Little League at a diamond that was located at the bottom of a steep 30 meter long driveway. It was a pain lugging equipment down the driveway so I borrowed a friend's bike and had him load me up like a christmas tree.

The ride down with one hand on the handlebar was exhilarating...
until the front tire hit the drainage ditch at the bottom. The bike, equipment and I separated ways like a MIRV on reentry. Luckily I only broke my collar bone. I remember hearing it snap like a wishbone at Thanksgiving.

Good thing there was no social media those days. I'd be a star for all the wrong reasons!