Some speaker driver measurements...

Hello sir:
Do you have plans to measure the HIVI DM7600?

https://www.swanspeakers.com/product/view?id=1174

I know its performance may not be outstanding, but it's the cheapest waveguide dome midrange speaker I've ever found
The DM7600 is even as low as 480rmb (about $70) during the discount season, and the price is too attractive…

I think there will be many people who wonder if there is a more cost-effective waveguide midrange dome speaker

Thank you:giggle:

Last edited:
Hello sir:
Do you have plans to measure the HIVI DM7600?

https://www.swanspeakers.com/product/view?id=1174

I know its performance may not be outstanding, but it's the cheapest waveguide dome midrange speaker I've ever found
The DM7600 is even as low as 480rmb (about $70) during the discount season, and the price is too attractive…

I think there will be many people who wonder if there is a more cost-effective waveguide midrange dome speaker

Thank you:giggle:
Dear zergxia,
Unfortunately, at this moment I have no such a plan due to logistical problems between my country and rest world. As soon as the russian aggressors are kicked off out here I'll back to your question 😉

Reactions: 17 users
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Merry Christmass too HifiCompass and thanks for all the contribution and handy measurements I often use.

Speacial wishes in that sharing day : Best hopes for your family living in an invaded country to be the sooner as possible free of that stupid russian invasion just made to get richer few politicians kleptocrats already rich that sacrifice their own poor people for nothing and btw it will never be a profit for basic russian people, hey ! I hope they give up and get back to their own home for everybody living in peace.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 3 users
Merry Christmass too HifiCompass and thanks for all the contribution and handy measurements I often use.

Speacial wishes in that sharing day : Best hopes for your family living in an invaded country to be the sooner as possible free of that stupid russian invasion just made to get richer few politicians kleptocrats already rich that sacrifice their own poor people for nothing and btw it will never be a profit for basic russian people, hey ! I hope they give up and get back to their own home for everybody living in peace.
Thank you diyiggy! I wish you wishes come true one day as soon as possible!

Test Bench: The MD60N-6
20221204225203_Figure9-SB-Acoustics-MD60N-6-Dome.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Yevgeniy,

Everytime there are new measurements on HiFicompass, it's christmas day for my measurement nerd side.
Imagine my surprise when I realized that some more measurements were added without any notification here.. Great :) !
I knew this website back when there was just a few drivers measured, and it was already a solid reference back then.
Fast forward, we have almost reached 4th page!

I've made a donation because you are consistently delivering top quality measurements, and this is too rare to ignore.
Keep up the great work!

Reactions: 4 users
Yevgeniy,

Everytime there are new measurements on HiFicompass, it's christmas day for my measurement nerd side.
Imagine my surprise when I realized that some more measurements were added without any notification here.. Great :) !
I knew this website back when there was just a few drivers measured, and it was already a solid reference back then.
Fast forward, we have almost reached 4th page!

I've made a donation because you are consistently delivering top quality measurements, and this is too rare to ignore.
Keep up the great work!
Dear Nicolas, thank you for your generosity, gratitude and for the kind words!;)

I found a few measurements from tweeters at very high frequencies - maybe it's interesting for someone. They are done wit a 1/4" free field microphone in an anechoic chamber on a small test baffle. 2,83V at 0,5m. Don't remember the power amp but it's very likely it is already down a few dB at 100kHz - no compensation for that.

First my reference and favourite - Bliesma B25T. This membrane is incredible.
Bliesma modification.PNG

Next some ring radiators which behave very nicely at high frequencies.
Comparison Ringradiator.png

And 2 Beryllium ScanSpeak tweeters to check if there are big differences of the resonances - seems pretty stable.
Current ScanSpeak 2models.PNG

I build measurement speakers with pretty crazy specs and therefore I need to know what's going on up there. When listening to Spotify it's probably less important ... ;-)

Reactions: 3 users