Some speaker driver measurements...

The great thing with small soft tweeter is that they can reproduce percution instrument with the same level of accurency than the hard dome . The other great thing about it, is the dynamic capacity as good as the Transducer Lab N26CR2-g tweeter witch was the best i've heard for it until the wavecor
TW022WA07. small flange 92db/2.83v, small distortion , flat response, best dynamic , great percution instrument response ....what else?

Thank you. Did you provide a rear chamber for it or is it simply mounted to a baffle ?

I've always been curious about the D7608, it's been around for ages. It's nice in that you can provide your own chamber for it *** you see fit. Performance >1kHz looks excellent, below 1kHz is not stellar making for limited use cases unfortunately.

ˆˆ
Actually, measurements tell quite a compelling story why that somewhat plain test did give you that very result - the D76AF is pretty flat between 400 and 4000 Hz, while the D7608 has an arcing response.

What that sounds like is well known to anyone familiar with the appropriate charts of the effects of EQ.

Since both are, obviously, not meant to be used stand-alone, but as a piece of a whole puzzle, it makes rather little sense to look for the "sound" of an individual mid, much less to apply epithets to it.

D2708 may be rather useful after all, keep in mind when comparing that it includes no chamber, only a thin felt as dust protector where most other dome midrange I see include a chamber from factory which doesn't provide a real apples to apples comparison on the frequency response. The D2708 also has rather high Qts, so a small sealed chamber will provide a fair bit of lift to the response to make it more comparable to other dome midrange drivers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210526_163749.png
    Screenshot_20210526_163749.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 387