Some speaker driver measurements...

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
not as simple, for me it's a no-go if I see Amazon-Alibaba-Google... I love site like this one, or Zaph, or old MarkK, or HumbleHomeMadeHifi or Troels Gravsen... even if I'm a little naive and I bet they have commercial agreements... but all the time spent must feed his owner. No problemo here.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
:) good hint Zvu.

Btw is it me : this tweeter has a beautifull off axis behavior ? Constant directivity sort of ?

I'm asking myself if the good testimonials about its sound is not also due to the H2 being relativly "high" in the low end (-20 db only where some go -30 db or better when sota), so H2 harmonics being fastly there in the upper register ?

I have a little trouble understanding why one would want to use a 2 inch dome like the DMB-A. Fs of 700 Hz is no better than lots of tweeters out there, and 92 dB sensitivity is the same. Off-axis response falls off earlier than a 25 mm or 28 mm tweeter. Are there benefits to the 2 inch over a 1 inch tweeter when used in a waveguide for constant directivity or something? I guess it could be used with a ribbon that likes to cross high, but a standard tweeter could do the same. Is it possible to cross the 2 inch dome lower than a 1 inch tweeter with the same Fs?

Last edited:
I have a little trouble understanding why one would want to use a 2 inch dome like the DMB-A. Fs of 700 Hz is no better than lots of tweeters out there, and 92 dB sensitivity is the same. Off-axis response falls off earlier than a 25 mm or 28 mm tweeter. Are there benefits to the 2 inch over a 1 inch tweeter when used in a waveguide for constant selectivity or something? I guess it could be used with a ribbon that likes to cross high, but a standard tweeter could do the same. Is it possible to cross the 2 inch dome lower than a 1 inch tweeter with the same Fs?
Yes, it can be crossed lower and its wider dispersion compared to 1"+waveguide makes it sounding in quite different way

Thanks for the information!

I'm also curious - do you (or anyone else) have any opinions on the general quality and reliability of Hivi drivers? I order 2 M8Ns a few years ago and both of them have a lovely strong burnt plastic smell when I started running measurements on them like there's burning in the voice coil or something, so I've avoided HiVi since then. Do they tend to have quality problems or did I just get unlucky with my two units?