software for series crossover calculations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm sure, but what good does spoon-feeding do? If you figure it for yourself (it's a simple one) you'll have a much better idea about how it works.

Think. Those little ground symbols you draw on a crossover circuit diagram. When you build the crossover -where do they go? Do they just disappear into the aether? Or do they, just possibly, connect to something?

Jeff Bagby produced a table of filter values that give good impedance some years back. But I can't locate it right now.

The Third order one was for 8 ohm drivers:

591258d1484013729-flat-impedance-flat-power-response-design-flat-impedance-series-filter-circuit-png

591257d1484013729-flat-impedance-flat-power-response-design-flat-impedance-series-filter-fr-png

This sort of speaker:

590266d1483714095-box-volume-seas-njord.jpg

Flat Impedance and Flat Power response design.

The drivers are impedance corrected. Notice the 3:2:1 ratio of values. Can't remember if I time aligned the model. Bafflestep is what always messes these things up from the ideal. But looks good to me.

Software | Visaton

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.