Slewmaster - CFA vs. VFA "Rumble"

However since the audio signal is asymmetrical, not a sine wave, the power demand on one wire could be more than the other (using positive and negative rails).
Can the transient demand in one wire cause induced “interference” into the other wire or am I looking at it in the wrong way?

The output transistors separate the output current into half sines. When you bring the +- supply wires back together, the currents share the same path again, just in separate conductors in the twisted triple. So the half sines recombine in the magnetic field so there are no longer half sine harmonics coupling into other traces on the board.

I'm very curious about the quality of various BC5xx from the remaining manufacturers. I'm hesitant to trust them because I know that quasi-saturation and Early voltage and base resistance can be totally different between manufacturers. Maybe someone can test them with a DCA Pro.

Those are legacy Fairchild transistors practically, now sell as Onsemi. I have good experience with them.
Sajti

I don't have all of the right 3D models loaded yet. The Slewmaster style layout still needs the servo, servo regulators and the cap multipliers placed. It might fit but it'll be ugly! The screw holes limit the board to around 2 3/4" wide so it's pretty slim.

The screw hole locations aren't playing out well in the Badger version. If we want to screw off the driver heat sink they need to be in the middle of the board killing a lot of space.

Now that you have some final designs published I'll dig a little deeper and see what I can come up with.

This might help with layout but it would definitely eliminate the need to manufacture a custom heatsink for the driver transistors.

Attachments

• Layout Suggestion.png
    Layout Suggestion.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 531
Layout looks nice. I definitely like the plug-in front end board.

I would think a three pair output stage would be more than adequate for almost every builder.

Yes , I just (almost) got the go-ahead to make the Slewmaster DIYA store
amp.
Single row like the store UMS is better themally. When I had a slew , I noticed
my bottom row was cooler and bias was several mV offset on either P/N rows.
This might not affect the amp in normal operation. At the limit , one row or the
other could hit SOA first.

I'm into speakers now. Most sub - 500$ OEM pairs would really be pushed to the limits by a 6 device OPS. The amp would laugh at most of them.
So , the two row OPS issue most likely be of no concern.:sleep:
OS