SKA GB150D now public domain...

I think I'd rather do my own pcb in the end as I want to make a version with only single pair of output devices. Since this will be a deviation from Greg's design I'll take it to a new thread or to Greg's forum.
Start a new thread here.
I would look at the IRFP140/9140 on about 35V rails. No need to use 200V parts and the lower Rds helps. Then the obsolete signal transistors can use something much easier too

Because a) two pairs requires matching which I admit is only a small additional cost and hassle, but b) because today, there are new MOSFETs that weren't available to Greg originally which can handle the power with only one pair, c) some people say that a single pair sound better at low level details than multiple pairs

Because a) two pairs requires matching which I admit is only a small additional cost and hassle, but b) because today, there are new MOSFETs that weren't available to Greg originally which can handle the power with only one pair, c) some people say that a single pair sound better at low level details than multiple pairs
Ok, you convinced me. :)

Will there be boards available?

The Zener mod was replaced by the RCR mod.

In a couple of threads I came across photos showing the zener mods. It will be nice if someone can post details of the mods for constructors to make their own comparisons.

Is the RCR mod mentioned in the quote above, incorporated in the latest released schematic?

Does R27 need to be changed from 2R7 to 10R?

Thanks,

Fewer parts...fewer chances to go wrong!;)

In a couple of threads I came across photos showing the zener mods. It will be nice if someone can post details of the mods for constructors to make their own comparisons.

Is the RCR mod mentioned in the quote above, incorporated in the latest released schematic?

Does R27 need to be changed from 2R7 to 10R?

Thanks,

Look over on the TGM7 - GB150 build thread - the RCR mod is a split of the current source tail resistor and a capacitor from the junction of the two resistors to the rail.

The zener mod is very similar, uses a zener to regulate the voltage at the same resistors.

My guess - Greg doesn't plan to release all the tweaks and mods. I believe he has confidence that the clever chaps on this forum will figure out their own tweaks and mods.

Last edited: