• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Sjöström Super Regulator group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
peranders said:
If you want 1-2 A I think you should consider ALW's pcb's. This little pcb's can handle 1-2 W power dissipation. It's suited for a couple of opamps or a small preamp.

2 Amps at 5 V which requires ultra low noise power, what are you up to?

Mwuuhahahah

5 Volt supply for my cd player,
Motor
DAC
Analog stage

So you did not say how much current the circuit could handle at 5 or 12 volts.

Regards

Anthony

Coulomb said:
So you did not say how much current the circuit could handle at 5 or 12 volts.
It's important for you to know the incoming voltage, this sets the power dissipation. You can see for yourself how much a LM317 SMD and BCP56 can take. This is max. 1-2 W is max power loss. Please note that this design is at the moment an arm-chair product. Prototypes will tell us how much current we can take out.

Why do you want 2 A? In this case more isn't better if you don't need 2 A. Use a regulator which is suitable for your needs, rather than "more is better"

It seems now the interest has stopped at 34 pcb's. No test pilot has shown up but that's OK.

34 pcb's isn't much when it comes to bargian the price but I still think it can be attractive. 34 is also OK for this first run, not so much work for me. Nothing says to I can't start of new group buy thing a little bit later.

I seems also that only pcb's will available. It's to few component kits for getting a good price.

If noone volounteers as test pilot I will order the pcb's in start of April.

Wiki page here
http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=Sj%F6str%F6m+Super+Regulator

Schematics, layout and partslist here:
http://home.swipnet.se/~w-50719/hifi/jsr01/index.html
http://home.swipnet.se/~w-50719/hifi/jsr01/downloads_jsr01.html
At the moment the text isn't written yet. Please note that the X marked parts have something to do with positve/negative version but this isn't obvious for everyone. I will explain this very clearly later on.

I have got pcb's for the first prototypes.

Attachments

• jsr01r0_pcb.jpg
    jsr01r0_pcb.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 900
Both positive and negative regulator are now soldered and it was quite easy Fred! :nod: The picture shows negative version.

I have changed the power for the AD797. A LP-filter 47 ohms and 100 nF is inserted and C13 and C8 is totally removed.

I feel now that the regulator can deliver 100 mA with good quality. For this prototype I have used hole mounted LM431, approx. 14 volts with the chosen part values.

Attachments

• jsr01r0_overview.jpg
    jsr01r0_overview.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 629
I have done prototyping myself so it's not that important now. I have 4 pcb's left if anybody want to try. Those who build will get rewarded, one or two persons.

I have stated clearly how hard it is to solder.

As I said earlier, you can choose parts or technology just because you like it and you don't have to give any more reasons for that. I like SMD! I think it's cool.

Right know there isn't a market for SMD prebuilt so I let it rest.

I have made a 5 volts version and it seems to be working fine. No start-up problems observed. So far I have only tested with AD797. Seems to be working good down to 3 volts.

BrianGT, how did your regulator work. Good I suppose? It seems that SMD is a positive thing when it comes to this high speed design.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=246231#post246231

The only major change I have done so far is to remove 100 nF from the output and feed the AD797 via a LP-filter, 4.7R + 100n (tested) and 47R+100n (tested).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.