SIT-3

I didn't want to get near the SIT poking with probes. It isn't like we have a bunch laying around if I shorted something. On a DIY, I'm pretty fearless, on one from Pops not so much. :p

It's all good though as the output waveform and amplitude shows, so I will trust it's what it should be on the source pin and move on happy in the knowledge that the magic smoke stays inside of the SITs.

I didn't want to get near the SIT poking with probes. It isn't like we have a bunch laying around if I shorted something. On a DIY, I'm pretty fearless, on one from Pops not so much. :p

:D

Congrats on the happy ending!

I am a chicken too when it comes to unobtanium so I can relate. Me really happy that my SIT-3 does so well between the speakers and does not have to spend any time between dummy loads

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
In the hippy market no doubt.... would love to hear his thoughts on the numbers... barring that, do you have any thoughts Z?

JT

thoughts:

-with some other speakers you wouldn't even think of firing up measuring equipment, power deficiency not being an issue

-without measuring equipment you would simply try other speakers, not waiting for nearest Greedy Boy to hop with scope

-with that type of amp, last few Watts are irrelevant in 99% of time, everything happening way down

-you bought a Gem, Primadona of your sound system; now you need to find worthy companions

-of course, there is always matter of taste and preferences - that's why there is not just one (type of) Primadona amp; but prerequisite for your purchase was that you** like this exact type

**me too :)

(Assembly of SIT amp require great peace of mind.....)

Good enough for government work. You can see clipping at lower levels than 2%.

Thanks for the hand holding Pop. :wiz:

I'll run some tests on distortion numbers in the next few days, but it's more about learning the test equipment and procedure at this point. Since John did a lot of testing, it will be nice to do similar tests and compare data.

I have a pair of Pure Audio Horn1 that might be worth a listen with the SIT.

I was looking at maybe a Cube audio build, but those drivers are way expensive in my book. I heard you did some testing with Cube drivers. What did you think of them?

Let the games begin!

JT

:D

Congrats on the happy ending!

I am a chicken too when it comes to unobtanium so I can relate. Me really happy that my SIT-3 does so well between the speakers and does not have to spend any time between dummy loads

I have always listened with my ears and not my eyes, but now I know more of what my ears and brain like, those numbers, hopefully, will help to select builds that will be more pleasing to me.

Thanks

JT

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
naah

I'm just pretending in public

far from wise .......

:clown:

:cheers:

(speakers - say that I'm trusting 158% in whatever Mr. Fullrange J. Ver Halen have to say; though - depending of size of your room - it could be cunning to make a choice between 8", 10'', 12", 15" sensitive drivers, be it FR or DC ....... or whatever; I am FR guy, 110%, but I really spoiled my self with big cones and I'm always thinking that way, when main - big - most potent speakers are in question)

Attachments

• Baldrick.jpg
    Baldrick.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 238
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I was looking at maybe a Cube audio build, but those drivers are way expensive in my book.

Yes, unfortunately. Prices tripled when they went to international didtribution instead of selling direct. From this side of th eponf, looks like Sonido is a solid alternative (i haven’t heard either, have done a couple boxes for them).

dave