Single Ended Tokin SIT THF-51S Common Drain Mu Follower Amplifier, 45W?

Joined 2019
Paid Member
This little 50w amp of mine is worth sweating for year round :D

I’ve been slowly collecting parts for complimentary CD Sony amp from a few years ago. I imagine it would be a good summer amp. Also have sissy and another (lazy) follower to tackle at some point.

I’m following this thread with great interest. I came from the SET camp when I started my DIY journey. I have now come to greatly appreciate the sand amp world and every build is seems to be a step forward in sound quality for me. Building the F2J, which is my first SE SS amp, has been an eye opener for me in what I like. Thank you codyt and NP for making them available. I want to build another SE amp, but something with a little more power so I have more speaker options.

I have a pair of matches THF-51s sitting on the shelf waiting and reading this thread has perked my interest in the CD MU Follower. Thank’s Ben for posting your build. I’m not sure I’m up to the task of building my own boards. I my try one of the circuitboard programs and see if I can design them.

Codyt are you using ZM’s boards for your build?

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Glad you’re liking F2J! Regarding my mu CS amp, yes, I used ZM’s Singing Bush boards, and they are highly recommended. If you’re more interested in the CD follower topology, you should see ZM offering a version of this called the ‘Lazy’ Singing Bush sometime in the future.

All that said, either of those topologies could be fairly straightforward builds on perf board, as Ben has shown.

Codyt,

I think that I will try laying out some boards. I have rhthatcher's PS boards. I would have to reverse them for this configuration though.

I have one project that I'm working on before get to this, so I think I will call my build the "Slow Common Drain Mu Follower Amplifier."