Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
What I found best to do for tuning the antiskating force, is to play modulation tracks on test records. When the mistracking distortion noise finally appears on the highest modulation bands, that scraping noise should be appearing equal between channels. No worries if the end setting does not tie in grams with the downforce (VTF) used.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
So that alignment has to be done balanced for all those patterns printed I guess.

For antiskating, the best method is not mechanical check in my experience, but acoustical.

Yes the alignment can be done following the steps of setup.

Important things are:
-1st of all: the screws of the cart must be a little unscrewed to do well the alignment.
-Step 5 be sure that the diamond follows always the arc line from the edge of the disc to the center of the disc.
-Step 6 with the grid check both lines: lateral and front in order that this one parallel with the lateral lines and the lines previous and later(posterior)
-Last: before check the VTA be sure the screws are tight screweds & check the overhang.

The protractors can not check the antiskating.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Salas,

Could I use the Simplistic fono shunt reg. 46V for Low MC because I don't see posted the 45V that you recommend me for gain 63dBs?

Sorry at this moment I see that you post the information PS regs. in post 2809.:)

I suppose that for Tx now I need 40V 50VA, right?

Cfilter now will need 63V, right?

Leds for RIAA & shunt regs. can't vary: 1.7V/20mA, right?

Sorry again for these a lot of questions, I am want to be sure 1st to start the Simplistic.

Last edited: