Simple RIAA phono preamps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
More RIAA!

Yes, our friend "Jocko" really knows how to make them...

I got one of his boards, all finished and tested, to better than "typical Japanese" speck...And the sound...:D

Ask him, if he has more, and if he will make you one...not cheap, but worth every $ x 10!

Arne K

Attachments

• a-r-riaa-sml.jpg
    a-r-riaa-sml.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,002
peranders said:

Peter, there are lot's of non-minimalistic guys out there.

Check for instance this one with max 16 opamps in parallel!

http://www.audioamps.com/diyprojects/preamps/0301nab/boards/0301B-NAB.htm
http://www.audioamps.com/diyprojects/preamps/0301riaa/boards/diagrams/riaa.pdf

Sorry to dissapoint you Per-Anders, but I could only count to eight
parallel op amps. :)

On the other hand, I think John has mentioned before in this
forum that it is actually OPA627s in parallel (couldn't find anything
on the schematic) so 2 channels by 8 by the price of OPA627...
Don't think your phono amp is that extreme actually :)

You want simple?

I've posted this one before, but for those of you who might not have been here..........

In zipped form, so that it is still readable.

(Never mind the fact that you can't get AD846s anymore. This was only the preliminary data sheet. The bosses at AD must have blown a fuse seeing an op-amp designed for military applications in an audio circuit. Substitute your favorite brand/flavor.)

Jocko

Attachments

• ad846.zip
    58.8 KB · Views: 241
Re: More RIAA!

Cobra2 said:
Yes, our friend "Jocko" really knows how to make them...

I got one of his boards, all finished and tested, to better than "typical Japanese" speck...And the sound...:D

Ask him, if he has more, and if he will make you one...not cheap, but worth every $ x 10!

Arne K
Hi Arne,
I concur. A well made discrete design outperforms any opamp even OPA627.;) I don't know exactly why and wished it was the other way around as all those semiconductor companies like AD, TI, LT, NSC etc. do want us to believe.;)
Halojoy,
I too have enough white paint to conceal the typo number of the opamp. It still remains a opamp IC!:bigeyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.