Shui Yuan Audio TPA3255 Modification Thread

There are no interference noises, it looks like typical ground noise. The noise is not in the busy line, that is perfect, but in the others. Now I'm trying to put the resistors directly to the input terminals of the free channels, then it will be better to have them in the selector board I have on the RCA inputs?

How and at what point do you regulate the volume?
The normal constellation is Switchable Inputs -> Volume Poti -> Active Small Signal Amplification -> Output to Amplifier.
Alternatively, you could simply pull the appropriate contacts from the ribbon cable out of the post connector so that these relays are not addressed. These individual contacts must of course be isolated and can be used again later.

I went down to 1K, can there still be some background noise when approaching the speaker, can resistors with lower values be used or does it create problems?
If you don't use that input then you may go lower values (even 0 ohm) of course. But if you will use them later then in this case you will have a very low input impedance in these channels. So this will be a problem for the source..
Of course the best solution is "not to use" these channels as Roland968 mentioned..

Reactions: 1 user
Hey people,

after much reading, thinking it over, deceiding, discarding the decision, reading again, etc. I'm about to join your game. First is to get an appropriate gaming device. I was into the classical design which is seen at the beginning of this thread, but the newer version seems to have some real improvements, so I am about to order two of these > 2023 improved TPA3255 . Or should I stay with the classical layout like this one > TPA3255 classic ?
As PSU I will use adjustable switching mode power supplies, as I already got one 48V/10A. Maybe I will use cap multipliers of which I already got one, too.

best regards
Jochen

Might be a wrong link. I get this >

Sorry, the page you requested can not be found:(

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 57
Ok, I took a closer look at these four now. The only one which is advertised with the 2023 model of the chip is #4. As far as I remember, I've read about this improved version of the TPA3255 in this thread, so it should be real and not just chinese marketing. For this reason #4 is still my favorite. Number 2 I find a little to expensive. Something that should change my mind?

Attachments

• TPA3255 01.jpg
    TPA3255 01.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 180
  • TPA3255 02b.jpg
    TPA3255 02b.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 140
  • TPA3255 03.jpg
    TPA3255 03.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 180
  • TPA3255 04.jpg
    TPA3255 04.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 188
Depends on the power level you want and the sub you are driving. For the price, you can drive around 100w from one channel into 8 ohms and leave the other channel for a spare. Not loud enough? Add another sub to channel two for another 6db. Or go with a dual voice coil sub, use one channel per coil for another 3db.

If you use 4 ohm coils instead of 8 ohm, you use lower power supply voltage and more current. My go to rig is these two boards (pic attached). Shui yuan amp board with the gold coupling caps and an alizon 36V5A AC/DC SMPS. Works like a champ and no crazy fans or anything extra required. Deal with volume/tone/mute etcetera in the separate preamp/head unit.
IMG_20230716_124528038.jpg

Hi audiobits79,​

if you want to easily upgrade your module, I found that the 4 turquoise ceramic capacitors (part of the output LC-filter) near the speaker output terminals cause a lot of distortion at high frequencies at 2 kHz. If you remove these and add something like WIMA MKS2 1uF 63V or similar the distortion is significantly reduced.

Reactions: 2 users