Show off your audiophile cat

Aimee Paws, helping out keeping diy speakers free of rodents and prototyping new fur based cabinet damping!
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
One day, my cat, very similar to yours ( http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/302478-show-off-your-audiophile-cat-4.html#post5020406 ), disappeared. Looking for him, I heard a few very tiny miaowings in the barn where I stock around twenty empty loudspeaker boxes. For half an hour, I could not find him. Until I saw that one of the boxes has its loudspeaker holes facing the ground. The cat was inside it. He may have jumped into it but the case fell on him and he was trapped.

forr and MartyMG, you two took twin cats by any chance? :scratch1:
I do not knows but at leat, as you can see with the short story above, they share the same affection for loudspeaker holes.
They are usually called European cats. My vet says they are the most friendly and easy to live.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 148505

We almost lost our cat last week, he can't pee and got very weak and dying, so we rushed him to the vet, luckily the vet was able to remove the blockage. He was put in catheter for 4 days. I'm also giving him diluted apple cider vinegar twice a day.

Now he is recovering and eating normally :) No more dry cat food as he is developing crystals because of it.

Attachments

• img (2).jpg
    img (2).jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 365
  • img (4).jpg
    img (4).jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 363
  • img (3).jpg
    img (3).jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 370
  • img (5).jpg
    img (5).jpg
    185 KB · Views: 649
  • img (1).jpg
    img (1).jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 134
Here is Gilmore (aka Lab Cat) up on top of the bench, where he knows he's not supposed to go, sniffing at my VTA ST-70 clone.
IMG_4860-L.jpg

He's one of six running amok here, and as the only male (and an orange one to boot), he is by far the most inclined to get into places he's not supposed to be. I took a box off the top shelf of the rack. Less than five minutes later...
IMG_4145-L.jpg

Little brat! He's lucky I like him!

-Pat

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> called "catify" your home.

That article is lame. No drilling??

My friend (and his drill) put cat-walks all around the upper walls. I see in Pat's picture plenty of cat-walk room (for a driller who won't fall off a ladder). Some extreme ideas: catwalks for cats But I think the cats would be fine with 3/8 ply scraps.

Here is Gilmore (aka Lab Cat) up on top of the bench, where he knows he's not supposed to go, sniffing at my VTA ST-70 clone.

He's one of six running amok here, and as the only male (and an orange one to boot), he is by far the most inclined to get into places he's not supposed to be. I took a box off the top shelf of the rack. Less than five minutes later...
IMG_4145-L.jpg

Little brat! He's lucky I like him!

-Pat

:up:

A lot of cats prefer the higher vantage point even just to sit around. It's in their nature. Providing shelves up high on the wall can solve such issues. It's called "catify" your home.

Yes, he does like to get up high, and I frequently have to shack him down off the top of the bookshelf that's barely visible beyond him behind and to the right of the rack.

> called "catify" your home.

That article is lame. No drilling??

My friend (and his drill) put cat-walks all around the upper walls. I see in Pat's picture plenty of cat-walk room (for a driller who won't fall off a ladder). Some extreme ideas: catwalks for cats But I think the cats would be fine with 3/8 ply scraps.

A friend in California is trying to convince me to install an 'ultimate cat tree' for them, and she occasionally sends pictures from online:

image.jpg

Perhaps some day I'll put something like that in one of the rooms, but for now they'll have to be content with the furniture, bench, racks and shelves. And an occasional foray up a ladder (Gilmore and his two sisters also climb ladders when given the opportunity :rolleyes:)

That, sir is a nice looking lab - almost said "nice rack, dude, almost didn't notice the " - use another word for cat.:eek:

someone had to go there

:p:p The reignition of my long dormant interest in vacuum tubes and electronics as a hobby around six years ago led me here and to several other similar forums, where test equipment discussions prompted me to search evilBay and purchase an HP 3562A dynamic signal analyzer, which got me onto the HP/Agilent group on Yahoo, where I learned that 5245L counters were relatively inexpensive and as a result were being purchased and cannibalized by people for their Nixie tubes. This caused me to buy one to save it from that fate, which led to an interest in nixies, and collecting gear with them, which morphed into collecting old test gear in general, causing my credit card and UPS & FedEx guys great pain and helping to ensure that my house will not blow away in a tornado. (It may, however, eventually collapse under the weight.)

-Pat

collecting old test gear in general, causing my credit card and UPS & FedEx guys great pain

I had 5 HP8664A RF signal generators at 75 pounds each, sold one. I have 3 HP8642B signal generators at 85 pounds each. The UPS and FedEx guys don't like me. The last generator that came UPS was busted up pretty bad in shipment, but they claimed that it wasn't properly packaged. It looked like a fork lift fork was driven through the front panel.

I purchased six and a half dead 8664's and three dead 8642's on Ebay and fixed five of the 64's and two of the 42's. Once I sell off a couple more I will be cash neutral on the remaining units.

If you try to understand the behaviour of your cat it helps to improve ourselves enormously ! Trying to understand why they do things the way they do is challenging !:)
The saying " dogs have masters and cats have staff " is perfect !
Our cats ( when we had them ) were treated as if they ruled us ( they anyway think we are subservient !:) )

Maybe they like high places most because they can " look down upon us easily ":D !

Last edited:
Aimee Paws, helping out keeping diy speakers free of rodents and prototyping new fur based cabinet damping!
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here's Phi Phi, latest of our 7 audiophile cats! Inspecting my attempts at vinyl application. She isn't impressed!