Show off your audiophile cat

This was Eric, he was an idiot.

Eric.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
As for me I think, there isn't any correlations.
I was crazy, well before I have cats.
When I was young, we had two german shepherd, one after another.
May I say, for me a real dog was only german shepherd, because other ones are not dogs.
The cats, I can safely say I hated them.
People usually hates, what they do not know.
Now these two cats I liked them very much.
Especially interesting to consider there are no two identical behavior individuals amongst them.
Of course dogs also aren't the same in this regard.
I'm impressed by, how the hell I was able to (knew) that little creature to earn his full confidence.
Attention, I do not talk about the red one! ;)

Last edited:
This was Eric, he was an idiot.

View attachment 593454

We have a red cat who lived next door who was awful. He was never fixed and if I forgot to close the barn/woodshop door he'd go in and spray. He was a bully to all other cats (not unlike ours when she came to us) and took over the neighborhood. Just a bad attitude overall. But in that case it was probably nurture, not nature. His owner was evicted and clearly had some problems.

I had the same problem with a neiborhood cat spraying on the front of my house all the time. So I went to the pet store and bought the most costy spray to spray around my house. Well after that I never saw the cat or smelled his markings again. Ugh what a nightmare. All these cats are so adorable. Keep them coming. I will look for pictures of my cats. Cheers Jeff

That's from the irresponsible ones! Don't throw the kitten out with the dirty kitty litter. LOL

But you're right, the damage caused is horrible.

Agreed. I love most animals but domesticated animals require care in handling. They are on a completely different energy budget from wild animals. I don't like seeing dogs hiking on alpine trails - at least those running free - for that very reason. Much as I love dogs...

This is Luna. She's acting like she's not paying any attention to the fine sounding system we have playing hits from "Josie and the Pussycats", but I know she's a faker! She LOVES it.

Or that's what I keep telling myself, anyway! :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEdWvYA0icg

Nice shot, nice cat! Our cat likes most anything I'm playing...so long as I'm around with a lap to lie on.

bought the most costy spray to spray around my house.

In Florida I had problems with cats spraying, and dogs pooping in the yard. Simple answer, ordinary ground black pepper from the grocery store.

I got it because this lady always walked her dog around the block, and the dog often left his pile near my mailbox. I tried explaining the feeling of having fresh dog poop squeezed between your toes as you stepped in it while fetching your mail, but she didn't care.

Noticing how a dog always sniffs around before pooping, I tried some pepper. Apply a bit to the area every few days, or after a hard rain. A couple days later I heard a dog sneezing early in the morning. No more poop by the mailbox.

When my father passed I inherited his Volvo station wagon. He got it used, but had it 4 years. The car was always garage kept, and he did not have any animals, but within a few days of it appearing in my driveway the odor of cat urine appeared, and always on the Volvo, usually the rear wheels. I tried the pepper trick. It worked, but it wasn't as effective as on a dog, or maybe it washed off the driveway quicker than in the grass. Either way, a bit of pepper under the back of the car every other day kept the big orange cat away.

After a couple of years I sold the Volvo to a guy down the street. He said that it started smelling funny and asked if it had any strange issues. I told him about the big orange cat, and the pepper. It cured the problem.....Why did that cat like the Volvo?

Dogs and cats have much more sensitive noses than humans, so things like pepper, onions and garlic are stronger to them. Another neighbor said that cinnamon kept the feral cats from digging up her garden to poop, but I never tried it.