• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

Didnt care for the sound out of the box?

//

I have asked for a burn in period, we had multiple reports that supercaps can change sound after a few days.I think Greg Stewart was reporting improvements up to 2 weeks. (and Greg is one of the ears I trust)

It might be psychological ..but we can see a very slight improvement in harmonics after 2 days (but very slight so maybe not audible)

We did not.

Generally I dislike all digital stuff that happens on DAC ic. I know the math is clear and positive but take a look at what AKM is doing with the new 2 chip solution. They claim better SQ (no graphs showing it because we don't know how/if possible to measure it)

Last edited:
Rev Dac is designed from a hardware point of view to be good. :)

However the real strength of Rev is giving access to everything on Dac IC so you can tweak as much as you want . I expect some people to find best SQ (and then verified by others) using OSF bypass and H2/H3 change.

But like I said before , I trust in the average of opinions moving the data from subjective towards objective

Just wanted to add one more time. Rev Dac was based on many feedback's from audiophiles.

Low impedance on analog Dac rail. Low impedance on opamp analog stage. Pre IV filtering. Noise of clocks and analog output.

What we have showed is that using this feedback , we made a DAC that has incredibly low harmonics and IMD.

Yess it's arrived the revolution dac with the Flex cable and
, remote control.
It plays now... Time for burn in the next weeks.
I have install it with my Allo Shanti dual.
It plays with roon rock and Ropieee USBBridge Signature to Revolution on my hegel 90.
First impression musical and easy smooth sound, relax... wow :)
We go sitting and listen easy.

Last edited:
didn't ESS sabre already implement the seperate analog and digital stages in one of their dac chips? I remember LH Labs said it was one of the upgrades to one of their dacs.. but it wasn't two seperate chips it was like.. two seperate sections with isolation within one of their dacs? maybe 9018q2m? I don't remember

to my ears 48h is enough.

Rev has no "fatiguing sound" :) . We know what it is and we eliminate it.

Note that "fatiguing sound" is not included in any THD data but we know where to find it.

Yes I love it from minute one to listen... Good taste music :)
Relax and a good detail everything state good Depth, three dimensionaal, bassist I love it.... Wow It swings now on the hegel
I'm happy with this purchase ;)
Thanks.

There are only 9 possible settings for H2 and 9 for H3?

If so, that's unfortunate. There should be a fine grain mode so that people can use it to learn find own THD perception threshold, and then work on increasing skill little by little. In reality, the range is approximately +-32,000 (16-bit signed int), not 0 to 8.

EDIT: In async mode it would be nice to have access to set DPLL Bandwidth. IIRC, TP allows their users to do that.

Last edited:
There are only 9 possible settings for H2 and 9 for H3?

If so, that's unfortunate. There should be a fine grain mode so that people can use it to learn find own THD perception threshold, and then work on increasing skill little by little. In reality, the range is approximately +-32,000 (16-bit signed int), not 0 to 8.

EDIT: In async mode it would be nice to have access to set DPLL Bandwidth. IIRC, TP allows their users to do that.

9 steps for H2 and H3 is changing harmonic by 1 db. I don't think you need increase decrease harmonics by 0.5db
For DPLL bandwith you always want the lowest. We are using 1. Other makers allow you to have dpll bandwith since they need to accommodate bad clocks. We have no such problems.

Last edited:
I had H2 and H3 both down around -120dB. From there I could hear 1 LSB change in HD compensation when playing music. 1 LSB was very hard, but a few LSB not hard. However, remember when music is playing the resulting distortion is mostly IMD and IMD is often significantly higher level than HD. That's why I say we measure HD, but hear IMD. Its a shorthand abbreviated explanation for what happens.

Also, my result should not be too surprising since it has been known for a long time that some humans can hear if a CD is made without dither. Since truncation to 16-bits occurs between the 16th and 17th bits, and 16-bits represents -96dB, should be no surprise a few humans can hear below that. Don't forget, I am talking IMD with music, not HD. We only measure a stationary nonlinearity in terms of its HD in most cases because of convenience and because the numbers look better that way in a list of specs.

Last edited: