• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

No insult detected :)

I have rather a different approach to SQ. I do not trust one single person but rather an average of impressions . I trust myself slightly higher .

So I do listening impressions with focus on fatigue sound , bass , pratt and overall enjoyment . Those are blind tests .

Still its getting harder and harder once you reach a certain level (of SQ) to understand whats " better".

This is why Rev gives you the choice of tweaking everything to your system (and taste)

It is possible that cables have an audible effect but frankly if you throw that into the mix is unmanageable

...(improved noise by 80% on bad clock and 30% on the good clock) and changed the PCB.

Yes, now that you remind me I do remember that. Well, I would still suggest to try the Accusilcon on a test board. Probably you will hear that it sounds different in some ways. You can decide if you like it better or not. I think its a step up while still keeping costs under control, but maybe you will disagree after trying it. We both know the clocks need to stay warmed up for best stability, with Accusilicon I find it can take three days. D90 was that way and so was a Chinese USB board equipped with AS318 that I tried.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Up and running...:) Time for burn in.

50065437536_064b40583f_b.jpg

50064881778_b013ac313e_b.jpg

Revolution DAC --> Salas SSLV 1.3 Ultra BiB PSU
RPi 4 --> Nirvana PSU

Grounding advice.

Connect earth of nirvana to earth of rev (nut)

This is not solely directed to cdsgames...

A "newb" here. I have:

• A rebuilt 70s Marantz amp with a ground connector and it uses a two prong power cable.
  • A Pi 4 as a streamer (Volumio).
  • A Rev DAC and two Nirvana power supplies coming.

Would I be correct in thinking:

1. Connect all five devices to a central point to make a star topology including the old amp.
  2. Find a ground pin on the Pi to connect.
  3. Test the old amp with a multi meter before hooking that one up.
  4. Do not include a ground connection to the house (pipe etc) or mains. (Old house here.)
If trying a listening test, should another strategy/topology be worth trying?

Thank you in advance.

This is not solely directed to cdsgames...

• A rebuilt 70s Marantz amp with a ground connector and it uses a two

1. Connect all five devices to a central point to make a star topology including the old amp.
  2. Find a ground pin on the Pi to connect.
  3. Test the old amp with a multi meter before hooking that one up.
  4. Do not include a ground connection to the house (pipe etc) or mains. (Old house here.)
If trying a listening test, should another strategy/topology be worth trying?

Thank you in advance.

By ground connector on your AMP you mean earth ? (PE) How is this earth connected to your digital/analog ground (amp) and chassis ?

RPI and Nirvana...simply use the earth on DC and your RPI gnd will be earthed . That's the advantage of having that switch..

Rev and Nirvana . In my setup I use Nirvana earthed (DC) and I am also (important we checked with AP and this has the lowest noise) using earth nut of Rev connected to earth nut of Nirvana .
Connect all those PSUs and cables in the same outlet (probably powerstip and make sure it has earth , most of them do)

For anyone thats using Nirvana and Rev... Please earth your DC on Nirvana and connect earth nut of Rev to earth nut of Nirvana (with cable )

In AP this shows the lowest noise and lowest THD

Alternatively (if you have any gnd loops) use Nirvana floating and Rev earthed (at Nirvana nut) with a penalty of 0.5db (-125) on THD no penalty on N

Last edited:
A suggestion for improvement for the next firmware:

If you want to adjust the volume up or down, you have to press the button on the Rev. repeatedly for each step.

It would be nicer if the volume changes continuously as long as the button is pressed.

We know and studying on how to make it. Remote has time based volume control (if kept pressed volume will rapidly change)